Need motivation badly!

Options
mrsfurby14
mrsfurby14 Posts: 181 Member
Hello all I'm Erin, I'm getting married in Oct, 5 months eek!
But I need MOTIVATION BADLY on getting this weight off before that time.
I would love more brides to be to help me through this..

Please add me and i will motivate you too :smile:

Replies

• KatieJo722
    KatieJo722 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You can do it! 5 months is plenty of time if you commit to it. I'm getting married at the end of July. I started working out every morning Jan 1st. So now I'm 5 months into it. I won't say I wasted the time...but I didn't pay any attention to my diet and ended up no where near my goal. Now I'm hustling trying to get these 20lbs off me in 2 months. I'm doing Fitness Blender's 8 week workout right now in the mornings. Some days are super hard, some are easier but for the first month I get weekends off totally which is nice. I'm happy to help motivate you! You got this! Thinking about how I want to look in my wedding pictures is my motivation. I want to LOVE them. Not wish I had worked out harder! Vain but true!
  • jujulili
    jujulili Posts: 6
    Options
    We can do this girls !

I'm getting married August 9. I have 20 lbs to lose as well... Already lost 40. So I know where you're coming from. It's totally doable. The best thing for me was to get a personal trainer. It could eighter be a friend who's in shape or someone at the gym, but the weekly meeting really saved me and put me back on track every time !
    For me, the more I went to the gym or did work out at home, the more I ate well.. It kinda goes hand in hand... The hardest thing is to start ! Hang on to your calorie goal and exercise, and you will totally melt !! Just remember that it will happen, and keep saying that to yourself and build a positif circle of thinking (instead of the sometimes negative thoughts we can have).
  • mrsfurby14
    mrsfurby14 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your reply!
  • Luvs_Rage_Phish
    Luvs_Rage_Phish Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married Nov. 8 and I have another 25 lbs to lose and am not as motivated as I thought I would be. I keep making rookie mistakes that I know I shouldn't. I need some motivation as well (as if my strapless wedding dress wasn't enough) :/
  • jraejess
    jraejess Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey! My name is Jessica and I am in the same boat. I am getting married May 15th, 2015 which is a little bit over a year left. I thought that once I found "The Dress" that it would be great motivation. However, it hasn't. I also have been making rookie mistakes. I suffer from over-eating and I gained 10lbs last week. I am down 2 this week so it is getting better. But I think I need some more motivation. So let's do this together. Here's to becoming hot, sexy brides!! PS: Congrats on the wedding!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    My day is October 4th and you know what? I'm just concerned about feeling good. I lost 50lbs in an unhealthy way and have done nothing but gain it back. I already have the dress so now I know I CAN'T gain or lose too much because the dress won't fit. It can be altered a little so I am still just focusing on lifting to keep things tight, taking care of my skin and as someone who has lots of water weight, focusing on staying hydrated and cutting out the bloat.

I have a great hair and makeup artist, nice tan so really, I am excited about looking good the day of, even if I'm not at goal weight.
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I need motivation, too! It's just getting real that I should be further along than I am. My wedding is Feb 28, 2015. I wanted to lose 30 lbs prior to shopping for dresses, which I should do by June/July. That didn't happen. I don't want to order the dress too small and then not fit in it, but I wanted to be halfway to goalish weight so that if I ordered in my current size, it is still alterable when I lose. It's getting real.
  • blushingbride2bee
    blushingbride2bee Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies

I am getting married on September 24, 2014. I am getting excited and nervous for the big day. I want to lose about 20 - 25 lbs before the wedding and 30 -35 total. It is really tough to stay motivated and I seem to have a harder time eating right and staying avtive on the weekends!

When I need some inspiration I try and remember a Jillian Michaels quote "Pain and Fear are temporary but regret lasts a lifetime".
  • jm70614
    jm70614 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm ready for some wedding motivation buddies as well! Just bought my dress this weekend and it will need to be let out if I don't lose about an inch and a half off my hips by November! I'm hoping to lose about 10-15 pounds before the wedding :)
  • KatieJo722
    KatieJo722 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Alright ladies! So we all need motivation..... what works for you? Do you want daily check ins? Emails? Fried Requests? I don't like weigh ins. We could post NSVs, especially wedding specific ones. I'd like to see some dress pics.... we could try on our dresses (if we have them) weekly and take pictures so we can see our progress? Any other ideas? I'll keep thinking too.
  • robingoblin
    robingoblin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Can I get in on this? My wedding is in five months (as of yesterday), but I totally fell off the wagon around the holidays and have been stuck at home with a terrible 2 week illness. Blah! I've posted dress pics on other forum topics, and it certainly doesn't leave much to the imagination! I especially want to work on my arms.

I also hate weigh ins, because even if I feel I "look" better, I often find I am gaining muscle and the scale doesn't budge. I like the idea of posting a whole bunch of qualitative NSVs, along with methods we've tried to specifically get wedding ready!

Would anyone be open to the creation of another, much smaller group? Like a "Very active 2014 wedding" group? Or just keep it on here?
  • jm70614
    jm70614 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I would be up for a smaller 2014 bride group. I'm also going to be adding my measurements to my tracking if anyone wants to join me. Just ordered my dress this weekend and it can be let out to where I am now but it would be great if I could lose the 1 1/2 inches off my hips to make it fit perfectly!
  • cniemann26
    cniemann26 Posts: 49
    Options
    My big day is September 27th and I am doing everything I can to be a small bride. I'm hoping to lose as much weight as I can before the wedding (which I hope is a decent amount of my overall goal) so I can start my marriage off healthy. I am marrying a Marine and I would love to be able to at least semi keep up with him in workouts.
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in 10 days. Nothing motivated me more than my dress not zipping right before Easter. I've lost 10 since then by walking even more, making better food choices and logging everything. Good luck to you.
  • ElvisBaby88
    ElvisBaby88 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My wedding is less than 3 months away and my 1st fitting is in 2 weeks! I joined the group: 1st Annual MFP Hunger Games and my district is fun, supportive and motivational...and that's just what I need! Just an idea!? FR me...I log everyday! Good Luck!