New to Group~Due January 2, 2015

jessicas082409
jessicas082409 Posts: 75 Member
Just wanted to pop in and say a quick hello and short introduction! We just found out last week that I am almost 6 weeks pregnant(YAY!!!)...this comes after ttc for nearly 2 years, getting a nasty diagnosis of PCOS and countless doctors telling me I'd never conceive again. So even through the queasiness, the exhaustion, the fear of miscarrying, chasing my 6 year old boy everywhere, and my new super power of smell....I am the happiest, most excited woman in the world!!!! Feel free to add me, I could use as many friends as possible to keep me on track!

~Jess~

Replies

• sweetgeorgiabee
    sweetgeorgiabee Posts: 16 Member
    Congratulations!!! We share the same due date! :D I am so excited to have another baby but scared as well. They told me I wouldn't be able to conceive any children when I went in for my very first pap smear at seventeen due to PCOS. Well... I'm 24 now and have a rambunctious and healthy nine month old with the whole world in front of her! I'm also scared of miscarriage with the second one. In some ways, the morning sickness and exhaustion are reminders that I am still pregnant and that everything is going to okay. I don't want to gain too much weight this time around so I am working out every day or every other day and at least paying better attention to my food choices. The first two weeks after I found out I was pregnant I went crazy (I was really happy) and just ate whatever I wanted but I realize now that I need to watch it and be healthy, for me and the new arrival. Not just for selfish reasons but for overall health and wellness.
  • jessicas082409
    That is exciting!! You know it is a hard blow to take being told you have PCOS. I started having weight problems back in 2007 when I was 21, right after my son was born, and I was finally was diagnosed 2yrs ago, it has been hell trying to lose weight and keep it off, mine just always sneaks right back. I have noticed that I've started losing weight these last two weeks but I'm just going to keep eating healthy, doing light exercise and take it as a blessing!
    I go to the Dr. on Monday so hopefully she gives me the green light to amp up the exercise a little bit...walking is boring! And YES i know what you mean....last week I ate everything in sight!!!! My stomach is a little tender this week so I'm not big on eating much other than salad and pretzel sticks! The worst thing I have right now is the BLOATING....I already look about 7 months just from my stomach bloating, it is ridiculous!
    Honestly as much as the fear of miscarrying sneaks into my mind, I really can't stress about it too much..it doesn't help anything and just makes my hormones go crazy(crying driving home from work is never a good thing!).

Here is to a happy, healthy pregnancy for us all!
  • brilliantwords
    brilliantwords Posts: 97 Member
    Im going to add you! My husband and I just started TTC, and we're HOPING we'll have good luck and succeed the first time this month. IF Im lucky, I'll be due a month after you. I know it's rare for it to happen the first try so Im not getting my hopes up, but fingers are crossed!

Congratuations!
  • jessicas082409
    Im going to add you! My husband and I just started TTC, and we're HOPING we'll have good luck and succeed the first time this month. IF Im lucky, I'll be due a month after you. I know it's rare for it to happen the first try so Im not getting my hopes up, but fingers are crossed!

Congratuations!

Fingers crossed!!!!! Good luck to you guys and thank you!
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Hi there!!! I've been on mfp for 3 years now, I've lost 87lbs and gained some back over the years. I was also diagnosed with PCOS At a young age but weight loss has helped with the symptoms as well as helped me to conceive! I have a sweet toddler who's 17 months and just found out last week we're expecting baby #2! We're thinking I'm about 4 weeks along so that would put me due around the middle of January of next year! Feel free to add me!