How are you doing?

eboyd32
eboyd32 Posts: 9 Member
Hey guys, I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is adapting to this interactive tool. Sound off! Is it helpful? Not helpful? What can we do to help make this a better experience for you and everyone else involved?

Replies

• Hi Eric,
    Being it's the first day, I feel unprepared mostly because it's a "out-all-day" busy day. I feel I can stay reasonably compliant with my food, but no points for me if it's organic/local/grass-fed. I have to get home and COOK so I am ready for Day 2 and onwards. But at least I am staying away from the negative-points foods. Coffee is taken black until I can purchase Stevia. I'm not too thrilled with My Fitness Pal only because I've never counted calories while eating Paleo/Primal, but if this is the place where we all "meet-up" then so be it. At least I know what I *should* be eating more of and less of. :-)

Thank you for all your support and answering of questions,
    Russell Chan
    Adruidandhisharp
  • daniaw87
    daniaw87 Posts: 2
    Hey there! Having the flu all week, I feel a little out of the loop, LOL! However, I am excited to get started! My friend and I walked down to the Farmers Market in Burbank after the meeting and picked up a bunch of local fruits and veggies! I wanted to suggest maybe adding each other on Instagram and/or FB so we can keep each other accountable? My IG username is danimuha. I like to post pics of my meals, and I can hashtag #cfswellnesschallenge so y'all can find me. Also, I'm just gonna give my number too- it's 818-929-3210. I'm with Russell on feeling a little unprepared. I think today is going to be a certain trial/error day. I can suggest maybe having a meeting before it begins? I'm excited to get involved, so anyone can ask me or tell me anything! I'll copy/paste this elsewhere so we can all connect :) Hope everyone's having a great first day!

-Dani Van Buren AKA Mrs Spoon.
  • daniaw87
    daniaw87 Posts: 2
    Another thing- I still don't understand where to access the spreadsheet to accrue points?
  • haggy2014
    haggy2014 Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I think the grass fed, pasture raised meet may be a problem if you are invited to someone else's home for a meal. I have some commitments this month, so for those meals I will count off the points in case its' not grass fed, organic, etc. I will do my best to stick to it. When at home its no problem- I have bought organic fruits and veges for a long time. The grass fed, etc has only been for about a year now, but I can't say it is 100%.

Thanks for everything!
    Mary Ann Haggerty
  • eboyd32
    Guys, to post regarding general challenge info go here:

http://cfs-wellness.29300.n7.nabble.com/

For things specifically regarding MyFitnessPal post here.
  • eboyd32
    Russell, despite the effectiveness of the Paleo/primal approach, especially as you begin to get deeper into fitness, quantity does, unfortunately, become a necessary component. Think of it, however, as a short term annoyance that will allow you to better intuit your body's quantitative nutritional needs in the future. Also, don't fret about exactitude. Estimate, estimate, estimate. Otherwise you will drive yourself crazy lol.
  • eboyd32
    To add to that, the beauty of MyFitnessPal is that it does the calculation for you, for the most part, so you really don't have to work that hard. It isn't perfect/exact, and measures may be off even by quite a bit, but it is a variable you need to think with, especially if you have specific goals.
  • RedheadPam
    RedheadPam Posts: 1
    I think this could be really awesome. I'm glad to know there is a group of us going through the same things at the same time. I had a really hard time today figuring out what to eat. I'm not a big meat eater, so getting enough calories through salad is really tough. But I'm excited to make this change. Myfitnesspal seems to be pretty easy to use. I was able to use the mobile app while I was out and about today.
  • My Fitness Pal was much easier to use than I anticipated I noticed at the end of the day, however, that i had not had enough protein for my goals. It's helpful that My Fitness Pal actually tallies up the grams of protein, fat and carbs.

For tomorrow, I need to focus on more protein earlier in the day and less nuts.
  • Hey there, day 1 was tough because I too feel unprepared. I tried to get in the mindset by watching Food Inc. and first understanding in detail the difference between organic and non organic foods , and boy did that help! I'll be heading over to the Montrose Farmers market today, and trader joes to stick up. I really like the My Fitness Pal tool because it keeps me mindful of what I'm eating, while helping me determine what percentage of my food is protein and so on.
    I'm excited!
  • eboyd32
    I'm glad this tool was helpful in that regard :) Ann, this will be especially important on strength training days like the one you'll be doing with me today.
  • eboyd32
    Glad you're liking it so far Marilyn :)
  • AnnPBergen
    AnnPBergen Posts: 2
    Oh, now, Erik, should I be worried about today's workout? ;)
  • AnnPBergen
    AnnPBergen Posts: 2
    Also, the second day's protein was much better but I'm realizing that I very rarely, if ever, binged on protein and, indeed, eating 5 ounces at one sitting is a little bit laborious for me.
  • teamsurvival
    teamsurvival Posts: 7 Member
    Hey Dani,

1. Go to Google.
    2. Click on the little square with 9 squares on the top right of your page.
    3. Click on the triangle for Google Drive.
    4. Your spreadsheet will show up there.
  • teamsurvival
    Hey Dani,

I looked up someone called Danimuha on Facebook. No such person.

Are you listed some other way?

Shannon
  • teamsurvival
    Hey Lady,

How are you listed on Facebook? I'm trying to add you to the CFS private page, but there are a million Marilyn Herreras! :D
    Shannon
  • teamsurvival
    Did you receive the email inviting you to access it? Check your spam folder.

Let us know!

Shannon
  • Hope everyone is doing great in this challenge so far.

Well I'm having a bit of a problem. I'm hitting the 40% protein, 30% fats and 30% carbs. I'm not hitting my caloric goal. First day I was 300 below than 500 and so on. Well yesterday I was 900 below and today I'm 700 below. Am I hungry.......ya.....starving........no. During the work outs I feel fine. Tomorrow is my weigh in so I will see if I'm losing fat or muscle. Should I lower my caloric range. If so how far.

Thanks everyone