Weight gain " who put on over the reccomended weight again??

Options
lina011
lina011 Posts: 427 Member
44 pounds and counting for me.... Makes me so sad :( dam you pregnant body lol btw I'm 31 wks and 1 day I exercise 4 days a wk and eat around 2200 cal day... Fingers crossed I can drop this weight quickly and safely after birth anyone else in my position??

Replies

• lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Gain" stupid auto spelling. Haha
  • justinskitty
    justinskitty Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    With my first I gained 60. Lost 40 in the first 2 months because I was breast feeding and having problems eating. The other 20lbs took me getting off my butt. Not 100% sure I'm going to be able to fight the sugar cravings this time either. Sigh. I do workout 4-5 times a week and I eat way healthier than I did with my first.

Good luck to you. It will all be worth it in the end to see their beautiful face! Eye on the prize :)
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I gained 30lbs with my first. Actually, 59lbs if you consider that I lost 29lbs in the first half of pregnancy because of morning sickness and then gained that 29 back plus 30 more.
    Getting the weight off afterwards was so easy for me. Most of it just fell off after birth. I was back to prepregnancy weight within 6 weeks of giving birth. Then, a few months later, I was at the lowest weight of my adult life!
    What happened after that was all my fault. I ever so slowly let the weight creep back again. I gained 56lbs over the course of 7 years.
    With this baby, I haven't gained too much yet. Again, this depends on how you calculate it. I lost 15lbs due to morning sickness, gained it all back now plus 14more. Dr says it goes by prepregnancy and I have only gained 14 so I am sticking with this method because that sounds better than 29 anyways.
    I am hoping my body does the same thing it did last time and the weight just falls off after baby. If it doesn't, I will work it off! The hard thing for me will be not letting the past repeat itself and letting the weight go back on again. I MUST keep it off this time!

eta: forgot to add - I am 34wks
  • nicolemviolette
    nicolemviolette Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Im 36 weeks & so far I have gained 40. I was very underweight to begin with though, and didn't really eat, so once I got pregnant and started eating 2,000+ calories a day, I put on weight like crazy. I'm not overweight now though, I right where I'm supposed to be NON-pregnant. So it's all good
  • meggwyn
    meggwyn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I will, as I always do. Guidelines are just guidelines. I've gained 45lbs with my previous two pregnancies...the second one, I ate very nutritiously and exercised often. This pregnancy its the same thing. I'm gaining at a different rate this time...more like a steady pound a week, (whereas with my last, I gained a smaller amount in the 1st and third tri's, but gained two pounds a week during the 2nd trimester). but last I checked, I'm up about 20lbs at 20 weeks. So I expect to at least gain 40, if not a bit more. I'm not worried since I eat really well and I'm in good shape. As long as it stays steady and I don't get swelling! If I start putting on 2lbs a week, I'll be in trouble! LOL
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    JustAnotherGirlSuzanne Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I've gained 42 lbs and am at 35w5d. My goal was to stay within the 25-35lb mark. Then when I passed that it was to stay under 200 lbs. Then when I passed that it was to stay under 50 lbs gained. So far so good, but I've got at least 4 weeks left to go!

What can I do though? If I'm truly hungry then obviously my body and baby's body needs food.

(I'm also convinced that a good portion of the weight is in my swollen feet/ankles... but who knows?)
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I see a bunch of different OB's and Midwives af my office. One OB said 25-30lbs and a midwife said no more than 25.. Right now i'm sitting at 25.2 lbs gained and i'm 33+4. I'm guessing i'll probably gain another 5-10 lbs before the baby, so that means i'll gain hopefully no more than 35. I am starting to swell a lot , so that could be some of the weight. I didn't gain anything this past week which is the first time since my MS I haven't gained. Maybe it will slow down.
  • claedwar
    claedwar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 20 weeks along and have gained about 15... As long as I stay 35 or under I will feel alright about it, so here's to hoping no more than ~a lb/wk for the next 20 weeks!!
  • emny86
    emny86 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I gained 60 with my first and lost 65 by the time my baby was 10 mo. I'm currently 36 weeks and up 45lbs even though I'm only eating about 1900-2300 cals/day. Not stressing it.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I didn't even weigh myself, but I'm fairly sure I gained more than I should've done! My baby was 11 days overdue and she's 8 days old now. My thighs are definitely bigger, and obviously my belly still is. I'll give it a few weeks before weighing myself.

I exercised until 38 weeks pregnant and was generally good with what I ate.

I'll be back at the gym soon, so I'm trying not to worry too much!