Introduce yourself

Options
2»

Replies

• Araminta13
    Araminta13 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm working to loose weight and get back into shape. I live here in Louisville and have a lot of love for this city. I have been on this site for awhile tracking and am happy that this community has been so supportive. I'm looking for some MFP friends in the area for support and camaraderie and maybe the occasional workout meet up or hike in Bernheim Forest. I love photography, art and anything historical so please add me as a friend if that sounds interesting!

43025776.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sknoop76
    sknoop76 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Stacey :) 36 year old mother of 3 who has recently quit smoking...I'm trying to finally become healthy and so far I'm killing it! I've lost 9 lbs and I just completed week 2 of C25K...
  • astange83
    astange83 Posts: 105
    Options
    My name is Angela, originally from NY moved to KY in 2005 to go to the University of Louisville to finish up my Equine degree, then stuck around for the horses. Live in Oldham county about 20 minutes outside of Louisville. Started this weight loss journey about 2 years ago, at about 230 pounds and got done to about 170 and stayed there for about a year and recently started pushing again to get to my goal of 140.
  • mistylynn1981
    mistylynn1981 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Misty. I'm 32 and live in LaGrange. I had gastric bypass in 2007, and lost 118 lbs. After an illness called uillai barre syndrome left me paralysed for 4.5 months I regained 35 lbs. I spent 13.5 months in a nursing home and just got out DEC 2013. I'm not able to exercise like I want to right now but I'm trying to build enough strength. I'm starting to be able to do some walking without the walker so I'm hoping to be able to join a gym in the near future. Right now I don't have my license because it expired and being that I lost feeling in my feet and legs I haven't got them back yet. I'm starting to get feeling back now so I'm hoping to be able to do something soon. Riight now I just do some sit down exercises that my physical and occupational therapists have given me. My starting weight was 320, lowest was 202, and I'm yoyoing between 234-238. I got back up to 245 at one time but I've lost a few pounds. I think part of my problem is I don't get enough calories at all. I developed bulimia after my surgery but I'm in recovery and just wanna do this the healthy way. My goal weight is 145, I'm 5'3. I look forward to getting to know you all.
  • LaLaLovely76
    LaLaLovely76 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hello Guys!! I'm a personal/private chef, 37, married mom of three and a very busy lady overall!!!
    Glad to meet you all!! Born and raised in Louisville KY.

When I started this new journey back on February 1st, 2014 I was 5'2" and approximately 218

pounds. My goal is to also lose 65 pounds and be in a size 8 by December 31st. To date, I have

shed around 31 pounds and lost 2 pants sizes. I started in an 18 and now I'm in a 14. I may

exceed the size 8 but we'll see. I may also get to 150 and want to go down 10 more pounds to

140. I'm really not sure. My goal this journey is to push myself a little bit more. So who

knows what the year's end may bring!!!
  • joehink
    joehink Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Joe. Born and raise in Louisville. Married to a teacher, also born and raised in Louisville. We have 3 kids, 10,12,16.

I've used MFP for about a year to supplement my Fitbit tracking. I have found most of the foods on MFP are very accurate, but Fitbit is better for activity tracking. The two applications talk back and fourth.

My goal is not necessarily to lose weight, but to eat better and remain active.
  • gdreeves71
    Options
    Hi I'm Glenda and originally from NY. Ex was military so we lived in GA, VA and then KY. I've also lived in CO briefly but came back to KY.

I'm looking for people to maybe get together with and start doing 5K with eventually. I'm only up to running a mile straight and then walk/run the rest. I belong to Anytime Fitness. Live in Fern Creek but work/workout in Middletown at the gym and then do cardio at home at night mostly.