Weight Loss

Options
Hi everyone!
My name is Casey and I had my Gastricl Sleeve done on 3/17/14. I lost 9 pounds my first week, nothing the next two weeks, then 4 pounds the next week and the week following 5 pounds. This past week and this week I have lost nothing. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it normal? I'm walking everyday typically 1-2 miles.

Where is the best place to locate meal plans?

Thanks so much!!

Replies

• JxAAA
    JxAAA Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi Clinder, I had surgery the same day as you. In total since surgery I've lost 25lbs.I hit a stall on week 3 & 5 but it started moving again for a bit. This week my scale hasn't really moved much either. Keep following your doctor's plan the scale will eventually move again. Just keep up the work. After meeting with my dr he's please with my progress. I think I'm doing pretty average compared to others that were close to my starting weight.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Hi Casey and JxAA! Congratulations on your surgery and your weight loss so far. Weight loss is unique to each person. Some lose faster than others, some have little stalls, some longer. As long as your sizes are still going down or you are losing inches, you are still going in the right direction. Remember that a pound of muscle is smaller in size than a pound of fat (think feathers and bricks for comparison). So as you lose fat and gain muscle, your scale may not move but you are losing inches instead. Not really a stall, just a different kind of loss.

Good advice to always follow your doctor's plan and you will be fine. That's very true. This is an awesome tool ladies, use it well.
  • clinder123
    clinder123 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you both so much for your input. I appreciate it.
  • ujuoba
    ujuoba Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I had my surgery the same week you did! There are several of us on MIP that had surgery within the same two weeks! Ask these folks if you can "Add Them As A Friend," and then try our "Open" food diaries. The angels on this forum that had open food diaries, helped me enormously. When I'm stuck or tired, I get ideas from them. Welcome!
  • Cinzano1959
    Cinzano1959 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi had my sleeve on 25thMarch, had one stall so far. But losing well this week. Happy to share diary to help each other
  • Liongoddess
    Liongoddess Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved on March 11th. I am happy to share my food diary with anyone who wants to look it over.

Toni
  • ChelleDJM
    ChelleDJM Posts: 161
    Options
    Another one here who welcomes new friends and open diaries! I had surgery on 3/18 and am down about 40 pounds, but 25 of it fell off the first 2 weeks and the 3rd and 4th week it barely moved. Still plugging away little by little. We all lose differently, just as we all start and different weights and heights and plans.
  • Ksh1055
    Ksh1055 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I think everyone is doing a remarkable job of following Dr.'s instructions and the weight is coming off or shifting. Even though my scale really hasn't moved in a couple of weeks, (some due to steroids and chocolate) I can fit into clothes I forgot I had and haven't worn for 5 years and I bet you have also.

I haven't put too much importance on the scale, but have begun weighing myself once a week just to ensure I don't gain. A WARNING--Be careful of stress eating - I began doing it about a month ago and it does have a detrimental effect on your weight loss. In fact, you can gain if you don't, and EXERCISE, EXERCISE, EXERCISE, get your protein in (first always) and lots of water. Trying to get back into the routine and not eat after 7:00 p.m.

Karen
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Similar to me. My nut put me on MFP and cautioned me to weigh, measure and log everything. I was eyeballing and WAAAY off. I was supposed to be at 650 calories 1 st month and then 750-850 til maintenance and was closer to 1000+!!! I was grazing on bites of food all day long. Until I started logging and measuring I didn't realize those bites were often 30-50 calories apiece. Of course I was accustomed to 4000 cal a day so I felt restricted but I wasn't at all.