Newly diagnosed and scared

Options
Hi everyone, I was diagnosed yesterday with PCOS after years of doctor's not knowing why I did not have my cycles. All of the doctors in the past just threw progesterone pills at me to induce my cycle. I am 29 years old and married to the best husband, he has been so supportive throughout this whole ordeal. I was prescribed metformin, and vitamin d. She also had me start a supplement called d-chiro-insitol which is supposed to be good for women suffering with PCOS.
I have to set up an appointment for a trans vaginal ultrasound to look at my ovaries and uterine lining, and I am scared that it will hurt. Can anyone please give me some words of wisdom? Advice?

Replies

• jessicadawn1980
    jessicadawn1980 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey Hun! My name is Jessica, Jessi for short. I have suffered with this horrible Syndrome for 15 years. I am 33 years old and also married to a wonderful man who is very supportive. What I can tell you is this; do not be afraid, but be ready for a fight, because a fight is exactly what you have on your hands. If you are willing to change, your body will change. The road isn't easy, but the prize at the end of the road will be well worth it.
    The trans vaginal ultrasound is similar to a pap. They use a probe to go into the vagina and look at your ovaries. It is a bit uncomfortable , but not painful.
    A few questions....are you overweight? Do you exercise? Do you LOVE carbs and sugar?
  • LittleMsJai
    LittleMsJai Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi there! Jessi is right don't be afraid just be ready for a fight. I've had the ultrasound done and it really is not painful. Just relax and try not to worry yourself.