Anyone still here?

Options
I'm new on this board. I don't see any recent posts. Does anyone participate on this board anymore?

Replies

• amandalstacy1
    Options
    I just joined and was wondering the same thing. :embarassed:
  • shonj85
    shonj85 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just found this group and would love to get it active again. I have pcos and constant bleeding,depression and weight gain among other issues. My husband and i have been unsuccessful in conception. I never had menstrual issues before but over the last three years i have been bleeding for all but about four months. Neither of us has ever had a pregnancy,before we try ivf i want to lose weight (a lot) and try to regulate my cycle. I would love to hear from anyone with similar issues who is hoping to or has successfully conceived. How did you do it?how long did it take? Etc
  • emretz86
    emretz86 Posts: 2
    Options
    I just joined as well and would love to see this active. This month marks 4 years TTC for my husband and I. Over the past 6 months, my cycles have been somewhat regular, but I still don't know if I am ovulating. I don't temp because A.) it makes no sense to me, and B.) my cycles were so wacky I could never get a result that made any sense. I'm looking to lose at least 100 pounds (long term goal), but at this point would be thrilled with 25 over the next few months.
  • drdonnaATX
    drdonnaATX Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just joined and am looking for like minded people that are ttc. I am obese and trying to get a a smaller size, at least one where my BMI is in the 30s not the 40s. I would love to have some support for this all. Good luck to you all!
  • LittleMsJai
    LittleMsJai Posts: 19
    Options
    Such a great forum. I hope to get this going again as well. I have PCOS and losing weight is crucial to handling this and being able to concieve. Good luck to everyone. I hope to chat soon.
  • LittleMsJai
    LittleMsJai Posts: 19
    Options
    Good luck!
  • kc579
    kc579 Posts: 1
    Options
    New here, just joined. I'm 25 with PCOS, ttc#1 since 4/12. We have done 3 cycles of clomid and on our 3rd cycle of femara now. We conceived on our first cycle of Femara but lost the baby at 8 weeks. I need to get a grip on my weight to help improve our odds.
  • MelinaOliver83
    MelinaOliver83 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello

I have been told 4 months ago that I have PCSO by my doctors and there advice was to loose weight I hope to join this group as you guys are like minded and will have the same drive as I that will help me motivated and stick with my weight. I hope I can find new friends and help support each other reaching our goals.

Mel
  • iloveowls216
    Options
    Hello,

I was diagnosed with PCOS at 16. I took BC for awhile but they effected my moods to the point of depression so I stopped. I went 10 years without a period and still don't get them without medication. I never took my PCOS seriously until I got married and wanted to start a family. My family doctor started me on Metformin and prenatal vitamins. When I went to a OB/GYN she gave me 3 months of BC which I hated but it was good after not having a period. She of course mentioned my weight and continued to tell me that if I didn't get this under control, listing a series of crazy scenarios, that my husband would leave me. She's insane to put it simply. Once I switched to a sane doctor, I was given Provera and Clomid. After 3 rounds of clomid not working and the fact that the nice, sane doctor quit and I was moving, I took a break from it all. Now I'm trying to get back on track and lose weight in the process. I have 136lbs to lose but I'm determined. I started walking and I'm up to 3 to 4 miles a day. I take some vitamins/supplements for my PCOS.

Supplements I take:
    B12
    Cinnamon
    Pregnitude
    Prenatal
    Super B Complex
    Vitamin D

If any of you take anything else that seems to help let me know!
  • MelinaOliver83
    MelinaOliver83 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi ya

My doctor was heavy on the weight loss. I did not think I was that heavy or fat. but because I have a goal for my self, I have taken it seriously. I never weighed myself before I just used to judge by what size cloths I was wearing (size 16 or 18) and maintained it that way.

I am due to see my consultant/doctor in a few months as the metformin course is due to run out but still not pregnant. I am still not sure what this drug is doing to me other that making me super hormonal and getting a period monthly.

Now that I am here and watching the size portions I can now see the changes and trying to check my weight. I do hope its going well for you.

Mel
  • louise29121984
    louise29121984 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Anyone still here?
  • honeybear85
    honeybear85 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't have Pcos but was pregnant a year ago and at 8 weeks we lost the baby. I gained a bit of weight as a result (I tend to eat my feeling :( ) since then we are trying to get pregenant but without success. My OBGYN told me I need to lose weight ~25-50 pounds over all. I know this will help my ovulation as a few times this year I haven't ovulated. I'd love to get and give support. :)