40 pounds in one year

Options
I'm turning 38 monday and I decided i want to loose 40 pounds by 40 - but i realize that if i go one pound a week - then i can get to that goal within a year. so here i go - i'm 5'11" and yesterday i weighed 210 lbs. i'm a size 16/18 (honestly probably larger but i squeeze into them anyway)... looking for support and tips and tricks.

Replies

• cwrldpc
    cwrldpc Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I don't have any tips or tricks except to say that you need to be in the right mindset to do it. If you are too hard on yourself or use any happy moment as a reason to celebrate (with food) that you are setting yourself up for failure.
    I have been on a weight roller coaster for years. I am 6'1" and currently at my highest weight ever! (Just weighed myself after I got back from vacation)

Perhaps we could support each other. I am 255 lbs and look to loose at least 80 lbs. Always good to have more friends!
  • deannc1
    deannc1 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Tip: weigh, measure and log EVERYTHING. Visit this site often to find inspiration, recipes, support, etc. Find a way to incorporate exercise into your life. Don't consider this a diet, but DO consider this a lifestyle change. And above all, love yourself and know you are so worth it.
    Me? 52 y/o mother of 4. Grandmother of 2. 6'0". S/W Feb 15 290 lbs. C/W May 10 256. G/W 170 :happy: