Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Updates from people having surgery around 3/25/14

Hi, I had the sleeve march 25 and am down close to 40 pounds total (including preop). I was wondering how other people who had surgery around this date are doing. What are people doing for exercise. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• capecodgirl50
    capecodgirl50 Posts: 111 Member
    Hi - I had my surgery on 3/27 - down 34 lbs. but was sick with nausea - today first day not feeling ill.

gotta learn to eat slowly and small portions. easier said than done. trying to get in my water.
  • reisu
    reisu Posts: 16
    I had my surgery on 1/27. Since then, I've lost a total of 75lbs. There are huge bursts of losing, and then the inevitable period of getting stuck.

Mostly my workouts (at this time) consists of a brisk walk. I use my phone to monitor steps/calories burned/whatnot. Some weights (small), but I can see that isn't going to do much, my arms wobble and I see surgery probably in my future.

In another 15lbs or so, I'm going to look into a personal trainer. I have things I need to watch out for (asthma, *VERY* bad knees due to previous injuries), so I don't want to rush right into it.
  • Liongoddess
    Liongoddess Posts: 107 Member
    My surgery was March 11th. I am down 40 pounds since pre-op diet. I am walking for exercise. Have had no problems getting my protein and water in. Have noticed a marked increase in energy over just the last couple of weeks. I've been keeping my calories between 600-800 per day and protein between 60-80.

I'm always curious how others close to my time out from surgery are doing.
  • stacer1974
    stacer1974 Posts: 5
    I struggle with getting my water in as well. Some days I just don't feel like drinking others I feel gross when I drink. We have to keep trying...
  • stacer1974
    Wow!!! Those are great results!!! Congrats!!!
  • stacer1974
    Thanks for the reply. Great job!!
  • happydales
    happydales Posts: 10
    I had the sleeve on March 19, 2014. I recently had a bout with throwing up and feeling sick. My dr told me to space out taking medicine over time vs all at once. That has helped a lot. I've lost 60 pounds. I'm very excited about that!

Laurie
  • stacer1974
    Wow!!! That is great!! Congrats! I have had trouble getting in the supplements as well. I had nausea with them so I stopped taking them and have been trying to get back on board with them.
  • ChelleDJM
    ChelleDJM Posts: 161
    I was 3/18 and I am down about 40 pounds post-op. No problems or issues and I feel great. I need to exercise more....life gets in the way, but I need to prioritize me a little (and get to bed early so I can get up and work out before hubby goes to work...easier said than done!) I started in a size 26 and now and fit into some 22's....not a whole lot of size loss yet.
  • Cinzano1959
    Cinzano1959 Posts: 16 Member
    Hi, I had my sleeve 25th March too, also down 40 lbs inc pre op diet. Wow what a coincidence. How much do you want to lose? I got another 90lbs I reckon. Hopefully will keep coming off steadily, I started cycling now as I can't run or jog due to bad knees.
  • JxAAA
    JxAAA Posts: 87 Member
    Hi I had surgery on 3/17 I've lost 43lbs since Pre-op 26 of those were post op. I've been doing great, feeling great no real issues. I am struggling getting all my fluid in but it's a work in progress.

As far as exercise I do walk everyday and have been hitting the gym very inconsistently. I need to get in a routine and stick to it.