Updates from people having surgery around 3/25/14

Options
Hi, I had the sleeve march 25 and am down close to 40 pounds total (including preop). I was wondering how other people who had surgery around this date are doing. What are people doing for exercise. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• capecodgirl50
    capecodgirl50 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi - I had my surgery on 3/27 - down 34 lbs. but was sick with nausea - today first day not feeling ill.

gotta learn to eat slowly and small portions. easier said than done. trying to get in my water.
  • reisu
    reisu Posts: 16
    Options
    I had my surgery on 1/27. Since then, I've lost a total of 75lbs. There are huge bursts of losing, and then the inevitable period of getting stuck.

Mostly my workouts (at this time) consists of a brisk walk. I use my phone to monitor steps/calories burned/whatnot. Some weights (small), but I can see that isn't going to do much, my arms wobble and I see surgery probably in my future.

In another 15lbs or so, I'm going to look into a personal trainer. I have things I need to watch out for (asthma, *VERY* bad knees due to previous injuries), so I don't want to rush right into it.
  • Liongoddess
    Liongoddess Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My surgery was March 11th. I am down 40 pounds since pre-op diet. I am walking for exercise. Have had no problems getting my protein and water in. Have noticed a marked increase in energy over just the last couple of weeks. I've been keeping my calories between 600-800 per day and protein between 60-80.

I'm always curious how others close to my time out from surgery are doing.
  • stacer1974
    stacer1974 Posts: 5
    Options
    I struggle with getting my water in as well. Some days I just don't feel like drinking others I feel gross when I drink. We have to keep trying...
  • stacer1974
    Options
    Wow!!! Those are great results!!! Congrats!!!
  • stacer1974
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. Great job!!
  • happydales
    happydales Posts: 10
    Options
    I had the sleeve on March 19, 2014. I recently had a bout with throwing up and feeling sick. My dr told me to space out taking medicine over time vs all at once. That has helped a lot. I've lost 60 pounds. I'm very excited about that!

Laurie
  • stacer1974
    Options
    Wow!!! That is great!! Congrats! I have had trouble getting in the supplements as well. I had nausea with them so I stopped taking them and have been trying to get back on board with them.
  • ChelleDJM
    ChelleDJM Posts: 161
    Options
    I was 3/18 and I am down about 40 pounds post-op. No problems or issues and I feel great. I need to exercise more....life gets in the way, but I need to prioritize me a little (and get to bed early so I can get up and work out before hubby goes to work...easier said than done!) I started in a size 26 and now and fit into some 22's....not a whole lot of size loss yet.
  • Cinzano1959
    Cinzano1959 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, I had my sleeve 25th March too, also down 40 lbs inc pre op diet. Wow what a coincidence. How much do you want to lose? I got another 90lbs I reckon. Hopefully will keep coming off steadily, I started cycling now as I can't run or jog due to bad knees.
  • JxAAA
    JxAAA Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi I had surgery on 3/17 I've lost 43lbs since Pre-op 26 of those were post op. I've been doing great, feeling great no real issues. I am struggling getting all my fluid in but it's a work in progress.

As far as exercise I do walk everyday and have been hitting the gym very inconsistently. I need to get in a routine and stick to it.