not sure? need to know.

Options
2mouse63
2mouse63 Posts: 66 Member
ok after dinner tonight I think I had a dumping or just to full. But not sure. I got so sick to my stomach and thought I was going to throw up. Very hot and felt like go to sleep. what is your thoughts?

Replies

• teachren
    teachren Posts: 78
    Options
    Dumping? Likely not. From what I hear on the gastric bypass boards that seems pretty intense like you are literally having deathly pain and fluids from both ends. Many will tell you that VSG patients don't "dump" on sugar or excess fat. I tend to agree with them based on my personal experience but there are others who call the experience they have dumping. Just saying...don't call it dumping if you're on a site with bypass people or you'll likely get jumped on! :-)

More than likely you ate too fast or over ate. When that happens you will certainly feel pressure in your sleeve. I got a flushed feeling in the first few months a couple of times and ended up with the foamies. Gobs and gobs of saliva coming back up. It's gross but certainly nothing as horrible as I've heard dumping being described as.

I learned my lesson the hard way and as soon as I got a slighly runny nose or started to hiccup I knew to put the fork down and step away from the table! :-)

I hope you're feeling better now. I'd say slow down and make sure you're not overeating! It's kinda hard to figure out but once you do you'll know what your 'signals" are and you'll be able to read the signs and stop.
  • ChelleDJM
    ChelleDJM Posts: 161
    Options
    Yes, sounds like you over ate a bit, or ate something a little too dense for your sleeve. I've done that twice and hope to never do it again.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Too full or too fast. If food goes down too fast and can't get into stomach and you will get pain as peristalsis continues but the food cannot advance. Dumping for me occurs if I eat more than 6 g of sugar or something really high in carbs , like mashed potato. Rapid onset of nausea, sweating, the feeling of imminent diarrhea, and generally feeling awful, jittery extreme fatigue, wanting to just crawl in to bed. Maybe a bit of both. Check your carb level on the meal.
  • Ksh1055
    Ksh1055 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I've been fortunate for have only had one 'dumping' incident and that was because I tried to eat a deep fried mozzarella stick from Arby's when my Grandson was with me for Spring Break. Was too dense (food and my brain) and I'll never do that again. Be careful!!!
    Like the others say - look for warning signs and try not to eat foods (deep fried/fast) that you shouldn't. I WAS AN IDIOT!!!!

Karen
  • Cinzano1959
    Cinzano1959 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I had what I thought was dumping just once, by overloading the sugar. I had a banana flimfast which has 25g sugar I felt terrible gut pains for about a hour and sweating. I went to bed in the end with loads of water to drink. I have not touched slim fast again and now wary of sugar content in foods. Which is possibly a bonus.
  • 2mouse63
    2mouse63 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I wasn't sure but like you all said I most have just over done it with my meal last night. I don't like to do that again. Not a good feeling that is for sure.