Bulking Advice

Options
MaeRay007
MaeRay007 Posts: 68 Member
Hello! Two weeks ago I decided to bulk I have a pretty grasp at what I think I should be doing but I want some input from women who have done it and been successful.
I am planning on doing a longer steady bulk for almost about a year.

I am 5'8'' 152 pounds, two weeks ago I was 146 but it is that time of month so the weight I've gained has a good deal to do with that.

BMR: 1500
TDEE: 2300

Right now I am eating at 2400 calories. I plan on increasing to 2600 max this summer (of course adjusting it to my weight). Than when colder months hit eating at a fairly higher amount.

I follow the blast training system from Ryan Hughes if you guys are familiar.

My days look like this:
Monday-Off
Tuesday-Arms
Wednesday-Glutes and Back
Thursday- Off
Friday- Shoulders and Abs
Saturday-Legs
Sunday- Back
But this schedule is looking to change as I am finishing up with spring semester this week.
My reps range from 5-15 and 3-4 sets
Cardio is very minimal I'll do it maybe twice a week. Usually consist of a mile or two or some type of HIIT including sprints, stair sprints, sled pushes, jump ropes, stuff along those lines.

Any input, advice, tips, or anything would be very helpful :) Thank you!

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Looks solid to me.

just make sure you up your calories when you're weight goes up.

and make sure you are actually eating your calories- it's easy to cheat them as you get higher and think you're eating enough- check the 30-90 day logs to make sure the average is up. I have a nasty habit of manipulating the average while justifying daily I'm doing what needs to be done. (Both for cut and bulk)

also- I would give yourself a min/max time frame- a year is a LONG time- I was planning 6 months and more than once felt like giving up- but my minimum window was 4 months- I managed 5 but I was ready to pull the plug at 3- so give yourself a good window to work to. It's mentally helpful.
  • MaeRay007
    Options
    Looks solid to me.

and make sure you are actually eating your calories- it's easy to cheat them as you get higher and think you're eating enough- check the 30-90 day logs to make sure the average is up. I have a nasty habit of manipulating the average while justifying daily I'm doing what needs to be done. (Both for cut and bulk)

also- I would give yourself a min/max time frame- a year is a LONG time- I was planning 6 months and more than once felt like giving up- but my minimum window was 4 months- I managed 5 but I was ready to pull the plug at 3- so give yourself a good window to work to. It's mentally helpful.

See I feel like a year is a long time and I most likely will stick to 4 months, as I did that before and it worked great for me!
    What gave me this idea was a good friend of mine from gym who says he is constantly bulking. He says he hasn't been eating at maintenance nor bellow for about 3 years and he has had tremendous gains and has stayed insanely cut, he has one of the best bodies I've seen. He eats about 100-200 over.
  • MaeRay007
    Options
    Also has anyone had success with creatine?
    I have not taken it but I have been reading up on it and like the sounds of it.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Looks solid to me.

See I feel like a year is a long time and I most likely will stick to 4 months, as I did that before and it worked great for me!
    What gave me this idea was a good friend of mine from gym who says he is constantly bulking. He says he hasn't been eating at maintenance nor bellow for about 3 years and he has had tremendous gains and has stayed insanely cut, he has one of the best bodies I've seen. He eats about 100-200 over.

then he isn't bulking.

bulking comes with fat.
  • MaeRay007
    Options
    Hm ok.
    Thank you for your input! :)
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Looks solid to me.

then he isn't bulking.

bulking comes with fat.

This. 3 yrs of bulking and ripped? Absolutely not, unless he had enhancements. ;)

Creatine is good but not essential; it will help with endurance but you will notice with some powders holding into water weight but it simply goes away when cycling off. I cycle it frequently but haven't taken it in about 2 mths as I'm trying to cycle off supplements for awhile.