Who Will Win or Who Will Die? (book spoilers)

Options
Banannafish512
Banannafish512 Posts: 87 Member
Okay fandom, who will ultimately win the Game of Thrones and sit on the Iron throne?

I do think Daenerys and Jon Snow will end up ruling, but am unsure who the third head of the dragon. Knowing GRRM's love of Tyrion, I'd say him. Unless George has a spectacular death planned for his favorite.

I personally wish Stannis would win the throne, because even though he'd ban all the brothels in King's Landing, we'd still be subject to his hilariously dry wit. And he does have a very deep sense of justice, grim as it may be.

As far as who will die, I'm pretty sure Cersei and Jaime are doomed. Nice knowing you crazy incestuous kids!

Replies

• susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    For the third one I'm going with Aegon.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I think Dany will rule the east, Jon will rule the North, and I think Littlefinger will have some kind of major role in the rule of the South.

I think Tyrion will kill Aegon to gain favor with Dany, and that Cersei will be killed. Jaime will live to a ripe old age as an old recluse under an assumed identity somewhere else.

I think Stannis will die in the war with the white walkers.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    For the third one I'm going with Aegon.
    I'm wondering who has and hasn't read the books! So many new characters coming into play ...

I have a few (main characters, though a few side characters, too) I'm confident will make it to the end:

Jon
    Bran
    Rickon
    Dany
    Tyrion
    Sansa
    The Hound (I do not believe he's really dead)
    Sam
    Margaery
    Jamie
    Varys
    Brienne
    Gendry
    Stannis
    Melisandre
    Gilly
    Jaqen
    Podrick
    Benjen
    Tormund (I hope because I adore him!)
    Tommen
    Yara/Asha
    What's-her-face -- Mance Rayder's SIL
    Gilly's son
    Penny

There are probably more I could add to this list, but it's been too long since I read the books. I know I'm being terribly optimistic, but these are the ones I think will make it. I'm not even guessing at who the three heads are, though Dany is clearly who the prophecy was talking about.
  • SapiensPisces
    Options
    ^ That's a good list.

I'd remove either Bran or Rickon from the list. I think only one stark boy will survive.

I also think Melisandre is going to die somewhere before the end of this.

Not sure about the rest. The books can be really unpredictable. I think generally, one from each of the major houses is about the limit of what I'd assume will survive.
  • rml_16
    Options
    I think both Bran and Rickon because of the very different directions of their stories. I think Rickon will end up with Winterfell (or possibly Arya somehow) and I think Bran will remain with the Children and become something more supernatural.

It would not surprise me at all at this point is every one of those people dies at some point, though. lol It's all theory at this point.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    It would not surprise me at all at this point is every one of those people dies at some point, though. lol It's all theory at this point.

But as we now know, that doesn't remove them from the story :p
  • rml_16
    Options

But as we now know, that doesn't remove them from the story :p
    Oh, I have a theory about that, too.

The Wall has spells built into it to keep the White Walkers on the "right" side (though now I wonder why they don't just build boats, but whatever ...). Clearly, something is going to happen that allows them to pass the wall into Westeros. I have no doubt the REAL story is about the White Walkers/R'Hlor (sp?). And they just had this war where thousands died. And the White Walkers raise the dead for their army ...
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    The White Walkers are so creepy... and (going back to the show)... I want to know what the signifigance of the live baby that they took and turned is...
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    And I always wondered why they didn't use boats either... that seemed odd.
  • rml_16
    Options
    The White Walkers are so creepy... and (going back to the show)... I want to know what the signifigance of the live baby that they took and turned is...
    That isn't in any of the so-far published books, but I assumed that was how they made new White Walkers. All the sons Craster had and gave to them are now White Walkers.
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    That isn't in any of the so-far published books, but I assumed that was how they made new White Walkers. All the sons Craster had and gave to them are now White Walkers.

I think it was assumed before, but the one episode a couple of weeks ago really focused on that.
  • rml_16
    Options

I think it was assumed before, but the one episode a couple of weeks ago really focused on that.
    If it was, I hadn't heard that theory. As far as I could tell, no one knew what the White Walkers did with the babies. Now we know.
  • k8blujay2
    Options

If it was, I hadn't heard that theory. As far as I could tell, no one knew what the White Walkers did with the babies. Now we know.

Well I remember one other time when the Night's Watch were 'visiting' Craster before they alluded the males being given to the White Walkers... I guess as a way to keep them off their backs?
  • SapiensPisces
    Options
    I hope the show starts to show more of what's going on in the north, and I hope Martin gets his *kitten* together and starts to focus more on the war with the white walkers.
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    Oh well... off to heat up lunch and read a few more chapters of the first book.
  • rml_16
    Options

Well I remember one other time when the Night's Watch were 'visiting' Craster before they alluded the males being given to the White Walkers... I guess as a way to keep them off their backs?
    Yes, we knew Craster was giving the male babies to the Walkers. We didn't know what the Walkers were doing with the babies.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

Yes, we knew Craster was giving the male babies to the Walkers. We didn't know what the Walkers were doing with the babies.

One of the wives said that Gilly needed to get her son out of there before his brothers came to get him.
  • rml_16
    Options

One of the wives said that Gilly needed to get her son out of there before his brothers came to get him.
    Ah. I missed that. Thanks!
  • lizwrites1313
    lizwrites1313 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Tommen doesn't stand a chance in my opinion. I think Cersei will live to see all her children die before being by her 'valquor'. Am I the only one thinking about whether that mean little or younger?
  • lizwrites1313
    lizwrites1313 Posts: 160 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Be gutted in Varys, Tyrion or Sansa dies. She's survived too much to go now she's finally becoming a player. Varys n Tyrion are just too awesome to loose.