Clean eating...

Options
Anyone experimenting with clean eating. I saw on dr. Oz a segment on cocnut flour and other alternative flours and have started to bake my own snacks instead of eating protein or cereal bars. Coconut flour muffins are a great source if fiber and protein and is so slowly digested, you stay satisfied for hours.

Replies

• brownshuga30
    brownshuga30 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have read some information about cleaning but haven't actually done it 100%. I try to eat less processed/packaged foods and cook with more veggies and leaner pproteins. I guess its a process. Where did did you get coconut flour?
  • areason1
    Options
    I bought it at a giant food store in their organic section. I know you can buy it at whole foods
  • beatgirl
    beatgirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Look into http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/ and http://www.organizeyourselfskinny.com/. Both sites provide a wealth of information, recipes, and meal plans.
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I tried to do clean eating my signind up for a clean eating eMeals plan and getting the Everything Eating Clean Cookbook, but I wasn't very consistent with it. My goal this year is to make sure most of my meals during the week are clean.
  • runningindigo
    runningindigo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! I'm currently clean eating and I've been about 95% clean for about 4wks now! I'm doing pretty good!! It can get a little expensive, but I cook for 1 so it's not too bad lol!
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I eat clean and grain free for 18 months at about 95%, not as strict during the holidays. That provided to me a huge mistake!!
  • bbail1e
    bbail1e Posts: 11
    Options
    I want to eat clean and meal prep helps me most of the time.

My problem is consistency and stress...Walking helps with the stress and hopefully soon all things will fall into place. My goal is to lose 2 lbs per week. Clean eating is the only thing missing from my life!

48070219.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • bjabdullah
    bjabdullah Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Too me "Clean Eating" means no processed food. That means fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts, & clean meats. No salty processed meat, like lunch meat and bacon. No foods in packages. This a real challenge and brings real awareness to how many processed foods we consume. I do it as best I can and the doctor took me off my B/P meds today. So I'm continuing eating whole clean unprocessed foods and hope to make this my lifestyle. Best wishes to you on this weight loss journey.
  • bjabdullah
    bjabdullah Posts: 26 Member
    Options