National Bike Challenge 2014

Options
BigDog
BigDog Posts: 272 Member
Hi all,

I also posted this in the Fitness and Exercise forum, but thought I would reiterate here and maybe get a bunch of Michigan MFP'ers to represent.

The third year of the "National Bike Challenge" has begun today. So if you ride a bike even just a little you should get over there and register. It's a great way to motivate and participate in a national event that promotes and encourages health for both us and the environment. Here's the link to the challenge website: https://nationalbikechallenge.org/

Just sign up which will automatically put you in your local and state sponsors. (Come on Michigan! Let's rack up some points!!) Plus... Once you are joined up be sure to join the MFP team I started on there so we can see how good we do racking up the points! Once registered you can then search for a team to join (Just search for MFP) If it doesn't show up then here is the direct link to the team: https://nationalbikechallenge.org/team/5521

Once signed up all you need to do is go to website at least once a week and log your miles... Currently you can also sync with Mapmyride, Moves, and Endomondo apps which will then automatically log miles for you.

GET ON YOUR BIKES AND RIDE! :-)

Replies

• EHolstrom
    EHolstrom Posts: 2,563 Member
    Options
    I'll Join! My bike needs its handlebars fixed so I cant go out right now but hopefully this weekend or next week!
  • BigDog
    BigDog Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Cool EHolstrom!

It goes for like 5 months (September sometime.) So you got lots of time. But the sooner we get out there the better right? :-)
  • EHolstrom
    Options
    Yes it is! I actually had a co worker ride her bike to work the other day and I was so jealous that i couldnt do that! My husband reminded me today too that i need a new seat.
  • EHolstrom
    Options
    getting my bike on the road friday! cant wait to get out there and ride
  • JJ48Fan
    JJ48Fan Posts: 50
    Options
    Signed up today.