A scrambled egg never tasted so good!

Options
TammyP64
TammyP64 Posts: 52 Member
I just got back from my 2 week post op appointment and doc says I'm doing great I had my surgery on April 29th and I'm down 23 pounds. I've been clear to carefully and slowly begin the next phase in my diet. One of the things on the list is scrambled eggs. Needless to say I had a yummy egg when I got home for lunch!

Replies

• bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I look forward to the day when an egg will fill me up, instead of 3-4. Congrats to you! glad things are going so good!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Congrats on doing so well, and your great progress! After surgery I definitely had a new appreciation for food. It's almost like surgery is a re-set, and you are starting from square one! As you start adding different foods back to your diet, you will definitely have a new appreciation for them!
  • Pearlsbabygirl
    Options
    WOW! Sounds like you are doing awesome! Congrats on the weight loss and your move to new foods. I had my surgery on the 23rd, but my doc keeps us on full liquids for 4 weeks post-op. An egg sounds very yummy right now...(off to get my shake...) :smile:
  • tabithascatena
    tabithascatena Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That must have tasted wonderful!!

My surgery was on 4/22. Last week I was cleared for refried beans and tofu. Refried beans never tasted that good!!! The tofu with an all zero dressing, also very tasty!

I get to add eggs next week. Can't wait!!
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Way to go for being able to eat your first egg. I am not looking forward to the liquid pre-op diet that will come the last few weeks before surgery. I will be on here constantly for survival skills. lol. Eggs are one of my favorite foods and a great source of protein. I'm sure that when I able to have one after surgery it will be very satisfying. Have a great day everyone. :flowerforyou:
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I had my surgery the 17th of April, when I was cleared to soft food stage I was glad to eat a scrambled egg! One egg filled me up! I am also finding fish to taste amazing! Good luck to you and enjoy this stage!