I hurt my knee!!! :(

Options
ggluvbug1
ggluvbug1 Posts: 87 Member
I am pretty bummed. I fell on Friday, and I have been out of commission since then. Every day I think of how hard I have worked to build up my endurance, and I feel it slipping away. I am not sure when I will actually get back out again. :(

Replies

• resolv13
    resolv13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear! But, important to take care of yourself now. There will be plenty of time to rebuild.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your knee. I agree, rest it up. And please know that all your hard work will not be wasted. As soon as your knee gets better just get back into it. You do not loose that much fitness in 2 weeks. Sometimes, this can even be a blessing in disguise. After long bouts of training, a long rest and recovery period can actually make you stronger. Just pick it back up when you return and best of luck in your recovery.
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Are you able to swim or cycle? Those activities can help maintain your aerobic capacity while your knee heals, which is hopefully soon!
  • ggluvbug1
    ggluvbug1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Are you able to swim or cycle? Those activities can help maintain your aerobic capacity while your knee heals, which is hopefully soon!
    I don't have a bike or access to a pool. I wish I did!