Workout Challenges

Options
One of the other groups I am in does a weekly workout Challenge. The challenge changes each week. I love the idea and it is one of the most active groups I am a member of. I would like to do something similar here. So, each week we will post some type of challenge for everyone to try to complete that week. This is a fun way to compete with not only others in the group but also with yourself.

Replies

• svandever101585
    svandever101585 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    OK Ladies a Gentleman, For the first week of this group we will be doing Mason Twists. I am already doing them for another challenge so I figured for the first week we will do them here too. To do a Mason Twist sit on the floor, lean back with knees bent and feet elevated off the floor. Twist to the left and tap the floor and then to the right and tap the floor. That is 1 rep. If tapping the floor is too difficult you can just twist left and right. The Challenge is to complete as many as you can both in a row and as many as you can total in a day.

Here is a video of what they look like if you need a visual. http://youtu.be/6MZ4zUyKpi4

Example: Yesterday I completed 350 twists and my longest streak was 60 in a row without lowering my feet.

Let's see your numbers.
  • svandever101585
    Options
    Today's number is 600. My longest streak was 65 reps.
  • svandever101585
    Options
    Warrior Wednesday. Every Wednesday I will post a link to a workout. These are free workouts that can be done at almost any fitness level. Some are challenging but all of them have modifications for difficult moves. If you need a modification just ask. This weeks Warrior Wednesday workout can be found at. http://neilarey.com/workouts.html?start=15 This weeks workout is called Jedi and is located under workouts on page 2 in the 4th row. Good Luck. Please post how many rounds you did. I did 3 rounds today. I was aiming for 6 but my back is bothering me so I never got the last 3 done.

Today's Mason Twist number was 250 and my longest streak was 50.
  • melodymedlin
    melodymedlin Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    OOOOOH I'm going to try these mason twists today. I will aim for 50 but hope I can do more. LOL Will watch video before to make sure of my posture etc... Have a great day will post later on how many :)
  • svandever101585
    Options
    Not sure if I said it but they do not need to be all in a row they can be broken down in sets or even spread out through the day. Todays goal is 750. 500 for today and 500 to make up for the 250 I was short yesterday.
  • melodymedlin
    Options
    So I did the mason twist thing. I got in 40 (could do 5 first time and then rest, do 10 rest and then was able to finish others. LOL But it surely is about balance and lord knows I'm lacking. LOL Will try again tomorrow!
  • svandever101585
    Options
    So I did the mason twist thing. I got in 40 (could do 5 first time and then rest, do 10 rest and then was able to finish others. LOL But it surely is about balance and lord knows I'm lacking. LOL Will try again tomorrow!

Great job Melody. You will be surprised at how quickly you will build up strength with these. Last year when I just started working out I could barely do 25. I did mine today too. I got in 700. I find it easier if I sit on a throw pillow. I have a sensitive tail bone and the pressure of sitting like that really aggravates it without extra cushion.
  • svandever101585
    Options
    New week= New Challenge. How long can you do a wall sit for?? Place your back against the wall and lower your butt to a squat. Keep your back on the wall and hold your squat at atleast a 90 degree angel for as long as you can. I just did one for 2:33. Post your best times.
  • melodymedlin
    Options
    Off to do my wall squat :)
  • melodymedlin
    Options
    Wall squat totaled 1:05 Oh my my legs were really burning. LOL :) Will try for longer tomorrow!
  • svandever101585
    Options
    Great job! It was only about 2 months ago that I could hardly hold for a minute. Today I held for 4:15. My legs burned so bad I couldn't push to stand back up and had to use my hand and push off the wall.
  • svandever101585
    Options
    Yesterday's wall squat total time was 16:21. So far today I broke my pr to 5:38!!
  • svandever101585
    Options
    Last weeks mini Challenge my wall squat time was 79:48 for the week and my longest single squat was 5:38 which gave my team the point.

This weeks Mini Challenge Group. Not sure where I will fall in the pack this week. This is a workout in itself in addition to my actual workouts. The goal is to do as many rounds of this workout as you can eachday.

1st Exercise - 15 Burpees
    2nd Exercise - 1 minute plank
    3rd Exercise - 1 minute Superman
    4th Exercise - 15 Pullups, curls, or 1 minute of bicep curl jacks
    5th Exercise - 30 seconds pushup jacks
    6th Exercise - 25 Mason Twists
    all of these together count as 1 round

If you want to give it a try here is a demo video to show you how to do each move http://tdnation.com/thanksgiving-workout-challenge/

Since I am done my workout and have about an hour until I need to start dinner I am going to try and do a few rounds.
  • melodymedlin
    Options
    After work today will definitely check this out. Thanks :) love trying new mini workouts each week its kinda exciting. I did wall squats yesterday and tried to show my daughter how to do mason twists. LOL
  • svandever101585
    Options
    After work today will definitely check this out. Thanks :) love trying new mini workouts each week its kinda exciting. I did wall squats yesterday and tried to show my daughter how to do mason twists. LOL

That just made my day! :) I love hearing that I taught someone something new and then they passed it on.

I ended up doing 2 rounds of thanksgiving workout Monday, 3 rounds yesterday, and 2 rounds so far today all in addition to my regular workout but if you can get in 3-6 rounds depending on your fitness level that is a workout in itself.