Setback!

Options
melodymedlin
melodymedlin Posts: 254 Member
So I somehow managed to hurt my calf muscle yesterday. I was walking uphill and all of a sudden heard a loud pop and then I couldn't even stand on my leg. As progression goes it hurts worse the longer I was up and walking and swelled up last night so bad I had to have help with socks! I'm saying all this to tell you that my doctor seems to think I tore or pulled my calf muscle. I'm wrapped from knee to heel and not allowed to walk around all that much. I'm discouraged right now because I feel like I've come a long way only to have this setback. I truthfully didn't even try to reach for healthy options food wise today. I'm stressed and a little depressed. How do I moved forward from this???? I'm hoping that by Monday I'll at least be able to bear some weight as I have to work. HELP! Advice???

Replies

• svandever101585
    svandever101585 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Your calf will heal. Dont let this discourage you. You are doing great. Follow your doctors orders and give yourself time to heal. Use this time to focus on your nutrition and get that locked in. Then when you are healed you can come back hard. You can do this!
  • melodymedlin
    melodymedlin Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Ok so going to get back on track today. Pre-logged my food so when I look down I realize I've got this! LOL Thanks for the encouragement. :)
  • Roughgalaxy
    Roughgalaxy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Sarah's right. Nutrition is the savior of the injured because the true battle for fitness is won in the kitchen, not the gym. Eating right is the hardest thing for most people. Everyone focuses on the physical but eating right is really the crucial piece of the puzzle and as long as you have that locked down, you will fine through your recovery.
  • svandever101585
    svandever101585 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Melody, How is that injury coming??