What's the thing you dare not keep in the house?

Options
For me, it's these new crackers. Cheez it Grooves, white cheddar. My gosh are they gooooooood!!!! I just can't stop eating them so I don't dare buy them anymore. I have eaten a whole box by myself in a day. I just can't control it. What about the rest of you?

Replies

• KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Anything chocolate. It calls to
    me.
  • debunny34
    debunny34 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Doughnuts for me. I can not have them in here or I will eat them until I am sick. If I pass a Krispy Kreme and the hot sign is on I drool :laugh:
  • mikesgirl4evr
    mikesgirl4evr Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Definitely chocolate for me
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    None diet soda (Dr. Pepper, Pepsi, Coke) - I can usually avoid the diet.
    Pizza - full size - or i'm eating it all
    Chips - see above
    Chocolate - thankfully this is something we never had much of around the house.
  • julieworley376
    julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Chocolate.. unfortunately I still have my husband keeping it in the house for his diabetic crashes.. isn't there something else he can use?? The other day as we were shopping I told him he needed to buy some more.. he says.. I have 4 bars left.. I said.. no you don't. And I don't even LIKE Hershey's chocolate.. that didn't tell him something??
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Chips and doughnuts. The latter we rarely get anyway, I just struggle so hard to stay at one. Chips are my main enemy I think. My hubby buys them a lot, thankfully usually late at night so I just hear the rustlking when I am in bed. HE gets those big bags, or a pringle container and eats them all. At least it means they are not hanging in the cupboard. But I used to sit with him, and we'd either share, or often each have our own bag we'd eat all in one go.

Guys if chocolate is your thing try to get a taste for dark chocolate. It has been my saving many a time. We keep 70% dark chocolate in the fridge, a big bar. My husband supposedly is not a chocolate fan but this week has eaten all of it which has pissed me off. But anyway I have 2 or 3 pieces of that, or a fiber one caramel chocolate pretzel bar. 100 cals, and I have had chocolate and feel happy about it. I find that there is only so much dark chocolate I can eat all in one sitting so it is hard to overeat on it. You can get darker dark chocolate than 70% too, but that is more expensive, and this works for me. I make a big deal out of it too, I get my tea ready or coffee, I make sure it has been at least 15 minutes since my main meal if it is my dessert, I chew a little then let the pieces melt in my mouth, sip in between bites. Okay now it sounds like I am a little crazy but just wanted to offer help to the chocolate lovers. My son has a ton of easter chocolate still in the house, in the fridge and in a basket. I am not tempted to touch it, I have my own, and his tastes cheap tbh once you get used to the dark. Being from the UK I am a bit of a choc snob :)
  • artelyn
    artelyn Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Homemade cookies. I know...you are all thinking "well just don't make them" but my kids deserve homemade cookies now and then. And they are very good about one a night. I on the other hand would sit down and eat the whole batch and that's only if there is any dough left to actually make the cookies with!!!

On a side night, I have solved my need for a chocolate fix with Krave Double Chocolate cereal. you get 3/4 of a cup (I think) for 120 calories. I eat them dry. If you add milk it raises the calories obviously. But the fact that I can pop one or two in my mouth and have a chocolate fix is awesome. Some days I pour out my serving and just leave it on the counter so as I walk by I can have some. Other days I sit in front of the tv and that is my snack.
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    French fries and Tatortots. I do make them occasional for my daughter but even when I just make enough for her, I am always stealing them off the pan. You know, to make sure they aren't too hot...yeah that's it.

The other thing would be chips but we do keep them in the house, just not my favorites like salt and vinegar and sour cream and cheddar.

I bought Oreos for the kiddo and husband last night and after I had 1 and saw they were 71 calories EACH I am determined not to buy them again. I can have them in the house but if they get left open on the counter, which is something my husband tends to do, it is so hard not to walk buy and grab one. They are so little you keep thinking one won't hurt. 5 trips buy and you are at almost 400 extra calories!
  • ITZJESS
    ITZJESS Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Any type of Dorito brand chip. Yum.
  • KaelaLee88
    KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Fresh, crisp, beautifully baked white bread!

Neither my bloat nor water retention can keep my away! It must stay out of this house :-D

Kaela x
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon Rolls

Chocolate

Plain Ruffles

.....but the one thing I simply MUST NOT have is what we call "Brown Gravy" There are a million nics for this depending on where you're from. "UP" here it's called Brown Gravy...some call it Milk Gravy, White Gravy, Biscuit Gravy or my personal favorite...Poor Mans Gravy. It's homemade of course....use milk, flour, and lard of bacon grease....OMG I can not not not over eat on that. We have it over boiled potatoes. In the south they serve it over homemade biscuits.
  • Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    This is a strange one for me. I have cravings but its for everything and nothing all at the same time. I never know what I want. I just want to feel full, stuffed!! I don't really have trigger foods that I cant have around or I wont be able to control myself. Once I get all the junk out of my system, my husband can have anything sitting around and I don't even notice it. But its days like yesterday where I ate at the buffet, I had whatever looked good in that moment. Now today I want to EAT!! it doesn't matter what!?!? I just want to stuff myself and feel the fullness, feel the food stupor!! Does anyone else understand this, or go through this. Where its not really about a certain food, its about the feeling of eating!
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Sandy....it's ironic that you talk about wanting that stuffed, full feeling. I say that only because it's a feeling I absolutely freakin HATE!!! If I could find some way to feel like that after 2 bites of ANY food, Id have it made. Ive noticed it more and more over the last year. I avoid eating at holiday meals with my kids because of it. I just detest that feeling.

Even last night...which is our "step out a little" night. I kept the days calorie count less than 1500 (Normally I stay less than 1200) I had some baked cod (6oz), some baked shrimp (8 pcs), a little 3 bean salad and a teeny tiny baked potato. OMGosh...I was so full, not stuffed but over full and I was miserable. I will not do it again.

Have a supper weekend
  • EjSings
    EjSings Posts: 13
    Options
    My biggest temptation is any kind of crunchy and salty snack so I never buy crackers, chips, pretzels, or anything of that nature anymore. I stopped buying soda as well. I always think I'll just have one every once in a while, but I inevitably would reach for it over water as long as it was there. I also don't buy any sweets or candy. They are less of a temptation to me, but still a danger to keep in the house. I do have better self control now that I've been watching what I eat for a while. They keep sweets (cakes, cookies, cinnamon buns, donuts, candy etc) in my office all the time, but I haven't given in to the temptation and eaten anything of that nature in a couple months. woohoo!