Introduction

Options
I know that this is not going to be the quickest group to fill up with being so selective nut lets share a little bit about ourselves, I'll start.

My name is Leanne, I am 29 years old, 39 next month, I live near Swadlincote in South Derbyshire. I'm 5ft 7" and currently weigh in at 204 lbs so am classed as obese. I wasn't particularly slim before I had my children but despite what they say kids aren't the best for losing weight. I work in the police so do shift work as well and with a 3 year old and a 4 year old that me and my husband juggle between us it means that time and energy can be tight. I've spent the last few years finishing the kids meals when they don't eat them all, or raiding the treat jars that they have. Neither boy is at school at the minute as my eldest Nathaniel just missed out on last years intake with an October Birthday. My youngest Liam has not long joined him at preschool which means some days I get 3 hours a day to walk the dogs, go to the gym, or just get the shopping done without then lying on the floor and throwing a paddy in the middle of Sainsbury's.

My first aim is to get away from the obese label by my birthday on the 16th of March.

I hope you all like the group and enjoy each other stories and company. I set up the group and as you know the plan is to keep it fairly small, it means that we can set ourselves goals on here and do weigh in days etc and it will be noticed and matter to the other members rather than being one of hundred of people writing a weight down on a long post. In a few days when we have a couple more members I'll do a weigh in post, where we record a current weight and then a short term aim which I'll record for everyone and then we can see how were all doing along the way.

Looking forward to meet you all. Please feel free to start discussions and introduce yourselves.

Thank you

Leanne

Replies

• rslcarson
    rslcarson Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My name is Rachel, I am 27 years old. I live in Northern Ireland (sorry I know the group name says Midlands but the working mum tight for time bit caught me...hope you don't mind). I am married and have 2 little monsters, a 4 year old girl who is in nursery class and an 11 month old boy who just started walking yesterday! My husband and I both have full time jobs, I work as an accounts office manager Monday to Friday 9-5, my husband works shifts 3 days per week 8am-8.30pm. This means on his shift days I'm on my own with the kids in the evening (when they're tired and grumpy haha), having to get dinner and all sorted. Additional to our jobs my husband owns a small farm, along with his father, we have a dozen beef heifers/cows and about 30 acres to farm. There's always work to do. On top of all that we just got planning permission passed and we are just about to move into a caravan on the farm and start the build process.

I met my husband when I was 16! we got married when I was a month off 21 and it was only after that that I started to put on weight...it took me a long time (best part of a year) to settle into married life, mainly because I was reared in a tiny village and now lived smack bang in what I seen as a massive town. But now looking back I know it was just my body maturing. There comes a point when you cant just eat takeaways and chocolate whenever you want!
    When I got pregnant with my daughter I was almost 11stone. It wasn't until Jan 2012 where enough was enough and I made a big change, I just ate healthy and exercised (mostly walking the dog with the pram) and got down to 9st by june 2012....then fell pregnant! I had a difficult pregnancy whereby everything pregnancy wise was perfect but the baby was lying back to back and I suffered with back pain. It was so bad I could not walk and get along without holding on to something. After I had him I just cruised along my maternity leave. I weighed myself a couple of months after Approx June 2013 and was 9st 7lbs, I wanted back to 9st but didn't bother doing anything. Then after I went back to work I caught myself on again and started at Halloween. I weighed 145lbs...10st 5lbs! I started on mfp mid Jan 2014 and I find it really good for accountability, I don't "forget" I'm dieting and when I read others food diaries it gives me hope and determination. It's so nice to see other people on the same journey.

I know a lot of people reckon my weight is fine, but let me explain. I'm only 5ft 3in, about 9stone is where I sit comfortably but I can't stay at 9st. It's not so much the weight for me but its where is distributed. Since the 2nd baby I have a terrible pudgy belly and since the beginning of time I've had a massive bum and hips! not so much thighs but ugh! I'm now weighing 9st 3lbs and to be honest struggling with getting my tummy sorted!

I've set my goal as 8 and a half stone but it's more how I look.
    I can only exercise at 6am or 8.30-9pm!
    It's hard going but it's going to be so worth it!
  • leannebull65
    Options
    Your right, i should ditch the midlands bit.

Welcome to the group which seems to be just me and you at the minute, but I'm sure will fill up a lot soon. You sound very very busy and desk jobs are evil for helping pile on weight. I'm not sure how you feel but I put most of my weight on when I had a job where i was sat behind the desk for most of the day, tended to do a lot of snacking. I went from 11st too 13 st by the time I joined the police and stopped the desk work. (well I was over 13st but had to lose some to meet the medical bits). Now 2 kids later my weight has just gone up and up. It's nice to be exercising again and feeling better by eating less junk. Shift work can also be evil for putting on weight but it means that I'm often off while the boys are at preschool so I've been going mad with exercising for me anyway.

Leanne x
  • lolliepop82
    Options
    Hello everyone, im laura hope you dont mind me joining! I am single mum to a 2 1/2 year old girl. I work full time, I live in norfolk.

I have previously lost 4 1/2 stone using this site, maintained for a year, now determined to lose last stone!
  • hannahbananna80
    hannahbananna80 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi! Is this group still active?

My name is Hannah. I am 33 with two boys aged 5 and 3. My weight yo-yos all the time, tiredness and emotional eating pile on the pounds. I am currently 11 stone 5 pounds. I started off at 11 st 12 when I started recording on mfp for the second time and my heaviest weight has been 12 st 4 lbs. I work 8am-6pm 3 days a week and feel permanently shattered! Haha! Ideally I'd like to be 9 stone something. Last year I got down to 10 st 8 lbs and am so annoyed with myself for letting it all go back on!

Anyway, I live in Kent so I hope you don't mind me requesting to join, would just be good to share some of the ups and downs of weight loss! Haha!
  • KimJohn14
    KimJohn14 Posts: 15
    Options
    1st off was wondering if this group is still active, i hope so as this would be a great help for me.

My name is Kim and i am 32 and i have been married coming up for 9 years, i have a nearly 5 year old daughter and a 5 week old son.
    My daughter starts school in august and is a very active girl she has a lot of activites that i do all the running around with as my husband works in Saudi Arabia ( he works 3 weeks away and 3 weeks at home) it can be quite difficult preparing my daughters meals then feeding my son while doing that and i always end up forgetting about myself and end up grabbing something quick and easy.

I have never been a slim girl but i am at my heaviest at the moment and would love to slim down to a more healthier weight.

I hope this group will help motivate me if we can do some sort of challenges and swap meal ideas

Thanks for reading