Week 1 Optional Challenge

Options
strawmama
strawmama Posts: 623 Member
I'd like to stick with the theme of "15" and create weekly optional challenges. I will obviously need help with the creativity of these challenges, lol!

So, post up your ideas and we'll kick it off with 15 minutes of exercise 3 days a week. Some of you surely do this and more, but I know I need the motivation to MOVE!

This week I will be walking...a lot!

Replies

• Robme123
    Robme123 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Let's do it! I need to figure out a simple strength training routine also for 15 minutes 3 times a week . Ideas welcomed I do have a gym membership so have weights machine at the gym and I'm 52.
  • stephsmom93
    stephsmom93 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    15 minutes of walking.
    15 minutes of stretching.
    15 minutes of lifting.
    15 minutes of any form of exercise--not all of us have access to bikes, rowers, etc...
    15 minutes of abs
    15 minutes of legs
    15 minutes of upper arms / chest/ shoulders
    15 minutes of hips / buttocks
    15 minutes of speed house tidying! lol
    15 minutes of steps (climbing stairs or just stepping up)
    15 sit-ups. one might be a lot for people
    15 push-ups - something i can't do but worth the try....
    15 squats
    15 jumping jacks or 15 minutes of them! is that possible? there are ways to do low impact jumping jacks.
    15 minutes of any aerobic activity
    15 minute casual walk after dinner...
    we can also break those 15 minutes down of body parts to be 15 lunges, 15 kicks, etc.... just throwing out some ideas. how about a 15 minute power nap?! we do need to rest! ha.
  • SPFAFF19
    SPFAFF19 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    How about a countdown work out? For example:

15 Jumping Jacks
    15 Push ups
    15 Squats
    15 Crunches
    15 Jump Ropes

rest 15 seconds

14 Jumping Jacks
    14 Push ups
    14 Squats
    14 Crunches
    14 Jump ropes

Rest 15 seconds

13... and so on.
  • skygirll
    skygirll Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm only up to 10 minutes on the treadmill, but maybe I cold push it to 15 this month!
  • Peacockbutterfly
    Peacockbutterfly Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am definitely up to adding an additional 15 minutes of exercise a few days a week that we all do. I may have to do modified exercises because I am getting over a knee injury but totally up for the challenge!
  • SimoneNinan
    SimoneNinan Posts: 23
    Options
    I have this app on my Iphone, it's a 7min workout and has 14 workouts at 30sec each with 10 sec breaks... seems like it would be a breeze, but it is really wonderful! Maybe one day could include 2 of those? Nothing complicated on these exercises, and you need no equipment, gear or previous experience. Thoughts?
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I'm up for any challenge. I'm going to try to get my walk in everyday at work this week. I haven't looked at the weather so I'll go from here. If I can't walk at lunch I'll hit the elliptical when I get home in the evening.
  • Ilove2dance77
    Ilove2dance77 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I may try 15 minutes of Zumba or Dance Central on the xbox 3 x a week as a top up to my classes. Going to try looking at it as fun rather than exercise :-)
  • strawmama
    Options
    how about a 15 minute power nap?! we do need to rest! ha.

Ha! Yes, definitely!
  • thisonewillwork
    thisonewillwork Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    How about: Drink 15 ounces of water before each meal.
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    15 minutes meditation every day can help us all allievate some stress, help us re-energize and refocus on our goals. It can be very healthy for the self esteem as well.

15 minutes stretching every day will help a lot of us limber up and help prevent injuries.

At the end of every day, list 15 things you did right and are proud of. A good way to list mini victories and remind ourselves that even if we're not seeing the big number at the end of the week, our small victories still matter.
  • mfrankrn
    mfrankrn Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I will add in an extra 15 minutes 3 times a week. For those that don't know me, I work 12 night shifts. I do pretty good working out on my days off, but have a hard time motivating myself on work nights. I can do 15 minutes though!
  • strawmama
    Options
    15 minutes meditation every day can help us all allievate some stress, help us re-energize and refocus on our goals. It can be very healthy for the self esteem as well.

15 minutes stretching every day will help a lot of us limber up and help prevent injuries.

At the end of every day, list 15 things you did right and are proud of. A good way to list mini victories and remind ourselves that even if we're not seeing the big number at the end of the week, our small victories still matter.

Love these! Especially the daily list. I could use some positive reinforcement.
  • strawmama
    Options
    15 minutes of walking.
    15 minutes of stretching.
    15 minutes of lifting.
    15 minutes of any form of exercise--not all of us have access to bikes, rowers, etc...
    15 minutes of abs
    15 minutes of legs
    15 minutes of upper arms / chest/ shoulders
    15 minutes of hips / buttocks
    15 minutes of speed house tidying! lol
    15 minutes of steps (climbing stairs or just stepping up)
    15 sit-ups. one might be a lot for people
    15 push-ups - something i can't do but worth the try....
    15 squats
    15 jumping jacks or 15 minutes of them! is that possible? there are ways to do low impact jumping jacks.
    15 minutes of any aerobic activity
    15 minute casual walk after dinner...
    we can also break those 15 minutes down of body parts to be 15 lunges, 15 kicks, etc.... just throwing out some ideas. how about a 15 minute power nap?! we do need to rest! ha.

This is do-able, as long as I don't have to do the lunges! I have the balance of a newborn deer!
  • strawmama
    Options
    I'm only up to 10 minutes on the treadmill, but maybe I cold push it to 15 this month!

I can only do 10 on my elliptical but I will definitely try for 15!
  • strawmama
    Options
    How about a countdown work out? For example:

15 Jumping Jacks
    15 Push ups
    15 Squats
    15 Crunches
    15 Jump Ropes

rest 15 seconds

14 Jumping Jacks
    14 Push ups
    14 Squats
    14 Crunches
    14 Jump ropes

Rest 15 seconds

13... and so on.

I love this! I would probably hurt myself but I am so willing to try it!
  • nitrospop
    nitrospop Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    For those of us on the low-carb lifestyle, intensity of the workout is key. Target 5 muscle groups for 3 minutes each (15) as hard as you can. Short, high intensity workouts target our fast twitch muscles, which store a lot of glucose. Intensity is key to burning up those extra carbs we ate.
  • schafmom
    schafmom Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I don't have a lot of time in the morning but doing 15 minutes of strength training is doable so that is my 15 for the week.
  • strawmama
    Options
    Okay, so yesterday I had all kinds of plans for my day. Then hubs called and asked me to go out of town with him for the afternoon. Soo, I didn't get as much done as I wanted.

I did however spend 30 minutes walking around Walmart...that counts, right?
  • Robme123
    Robme123 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Like this!