Options
PHYLLISALEXIS
PHYLLISALEXIS Posts: 55 Member
Hi I would like to start walking as of today. Not that excited though

Replies

• corinnecarley
    corinnecarley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    try making it more exciting by listening to a favorite playlist, walking with friends or a pet, or exploring a new place! i've found that all of those things have definitely helped in the past when i don't want to go out :)
  • Miaaawlicious
    Miaaawlicious Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I walk at home and as corinnecarley says, listen to a playlist that motivates you helps a lot!
    There are also tons of "motivation" playlists on YouTube or on Spotify if you don't have any idea :)
  • 5MommaJ
    5MommaJ Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I hear you on not being that excited. I am excited that you are committed to yourself and are going to walk even though..... I am starting to walk, AGAIN, today. Not that motivated but committed and I know it does work and as Mary Poppins say's 'well begun is half done' I find once I start as the day's progress and the pounds come off I start to feel more excited. Easy to let life get in the way of where I want to go. So good job on beginning. To quote Frosty the Snowman, Put one foot in front of the other and soon you will be walking out the door. I rephrase it in my head to It's hard to stop a fast moving woman. So yay you and I will get out of your way. Walk On!
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Leslie sansones fat burning 5 miles at home,it is doable even when i started to exercise for first time.
  • PB91765
    PB91765 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hello! So happy to see this group today on MFP...I have a few of Leslie Sansone's DVD and love doing them. Although nothing beats being outside in the mountains or beach or open mall. Joined the group for accountability. I haven't been logging or exercising lately and needed this incentive. Thank you, PhyllisAlexis