I'm so glad I found you!

Options
KatieTee83
KatieTee83 Posts: 196 Member
Hello, mamas!
My name is Katie, I'm 31 years old, and I'm so happy to be here amongst all you motivated ladies!

I just found out last week that I'm pregnant with my 2nd, due in January 2015, and I'm determined to have a fit and healthy pregnancy.

I gained something crazy like 60lbs with my first, and I only JUST got back into my old jeans a few months ago!

Last time, I didn't work out at all, and I ate literally whatever I wanted. I had really bad morning sickness, and often all I wanted to eat was carbs and fried junk food. It was so hard to lose the weight afterwards, took me almost 3 years to do it, and I vowed not to go that route again. I want to keep exercising and eating well, and be able to rebound much faster. It was great to read the thread on MFP calorie counts, and I'm just really excited to have found a group that's still working out and staying on track with a baby on board.

Can't wait to get to know you all!

Replies

• HeyNikkita
    HeyNikkita Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and welcome! This board seems to be food and exercise focused. These women are wayyy more supportive than "OTHER" websites. coughbbccough
  • futurestarz
    futurestarz Posts: 510
    Options
    Congrats! Welcome to the group! This is my go to website every morning. Preggo with my first baby, so needs lots of advice lol
  • hiba_84
    hiba_84 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your pregnancy and welcome to the group. I have gained 55 lbs in my first pregnancy. Like you, I at everything I wanted. Mostly junk and fatty food. Baskin Robins' strawberry milk shake was a staple on my weekly diet (several times a week that is lol).
    It took me a LONG time to lose all that weight.
    This time around, I am trying to do it the right way. Though I have gained 26 lbs at 32 weeks but I know I am eating right and working out almost 5 times a week since the beginning of my pregnancy so i am not that depressed about all that gain.

You can do it mama. Just remain accountable. Good luck.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I ate like crap with my first baby, but I ate a ton! I was a bottomless pit and never controlled myself. I just ate and ate all the time and was not active at all. I lounged around, didn't work, didn't exercise and didn't stop eating. Getting towards the end, I did not like the way I felt. So big, heavy and no energy at all - and even though I lost pounds fairly quickly, it took me months to get to where I could be physically active again. I gained almost 50lbs with my daughter.

I wanted to make sure to treat my body better this time around. I remained physically active and exercising as long as I could. I walked a mile every day until I was about 32-33 weeks, then only a couple times a week since then (it got hot here and the heat's not being nice to me.) I still feel heavy and am achier than I would like but am able to do so much still.

I am 36w2d now and am pretty happy with where I am at. 18lb gain so far and am in much better shape than I was this far along last time.
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! I'm also due in January! Not sure exactly how far along I am just yet but will find out soon hopefully! I gained 39 lbs with my first and I counted my calories and worked out every day so this time I'm taking a different approach. Just focusing on eating healthy and working out :) feel free to add me!
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Yay!

I'm due in January as well! With my first, I ate fast food, junk food, whatever & gained 34lbs. I was on bedrest the whole time too. This time around I want to eat healthy, balanced meals & exercise moderately. I'm eating 1800 + exercise calories.

I log daily & support my friends. Feel free to add me!
  • TheNewoImproved
    TheNewoImproved Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I'm expecting my first in December. I already have a hard time losing weight, I can't imagine how much more difficult it will be with a little one around. So my goal is to eat my healthiest, get some exercise, and only gain about 15 lbs. I'm currently at 10 weeks and have not gained any weight yet. Morning sickness has kept my appetite down, but unfortunately, made exercise more challenging :frown:

Glad to see so many other mommas wanting to stay healthy :flowerforyou: