Logged activities don't show in MFP

Options
I got an UP24 recently, and I like it a lot, but it's not integrating with MFP in a way that's accurate or useful to me. When I log an activity on the UP, it doesn't show up in MFP at all. Instead, it just lumps all the calories as part of the UP calorie adjustment, which leads to the calorie adjustment being wonky and not really properly crediting my exercise. Is this normal? Am I missing something? The result is I've pretty much stopped using MFP at all and am logging food in UP instead. I'd rather stick with MFP for food, but only if my activity entries show up. Thanks.

Replies

• JJ48Fan
    JJ48Fan Posts: 50
    Options
    I started using mapmyfitness it syncs with both the UP band and MFP. I use it primarily for bike rides when the UP doesn't record (that I can tell anyway). When mapmyfitness syncs with MFP it increases my regular exercise calories up by the amount that I burned during the ride. It's wonky I concur!
  • a6pack
    a6pack Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I too use MapMapFitness to record my exercises. i never track activities using UP. As was mentioned, activities like cycling, swimming and the like wont record properly with UP. MapMyFitness transfers the activity and the calories burned over to MFP. UP follows that by adding burned calories or even taking them away if you had a poor day with a low step count. The benefit of MapMyFtness, for me, is that it tracks my distance as I run and maps the route I took during my run. Using other sensors, it also tracks for my my heart rate as I exercise and the RPMs on my stationary bike. The more data for me the better!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I got an UP24 recently, and I like it a lot, but it's not integrating with MFP in a way that's accurate or useful to me. When I log an activity on the UP, it doesn't show up in MFP at all. Instead, it just lumps all the calories as part of the UP calorie adjustment, which leads to the calorie adjustment being wonky and not really properly crediting my exercise. Is this normal? Am I missing something? The result is I've pretty much stopped using MFP at all and am logging food in UP instead. I'd rather stick with MFP for food, but only if my activity entries show up. Thanks.
    MFP sends aggregate food data to Jawbone, and uses your Jawbone burn (rather than your MFP activity level) to calculate your calorie goal.

Using an activity tracker with MFP requires a whole 'nother mindset than using MFP alone. You don't work out & instantly "earn" more calories to eat. MFP looks at your Jawbone burn, then decides if you're going to burn more calories by midnight than the activity level you chose.
  • derelk
    derelk Posts: 2
    Options
    That is true with the UP, but not with a FitBit, and unfortunately the FitBit experience was far superior for me. Each FitBit activity I logged showed up explicitly in MFP, and was excluded from the FitBit adjustment. I don't understand why with the UP is just munges it altogether. I've stopped using MFP completely now because of this. Bummer.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I have a Jawbone UP/UP24 and a Fitbit Flex. For more than a year, individual exercises logged in Fitbit & Jawbone have never, ever shown up in MFP.