Stage 4 meal plan

Options
KCSF
KCSF Posts: 49 Member
I saw my nutritionist today and she advanced me to the stage 4 meal plan. She said she believes in the circle eating method. She said to put a protein, a starch, and a fruit/veggies on my plate. You take one bite of protein and then a bit of veggie and then a bite of starch. You eat in a circle taking a bite of each for either 20 minutes or until you're full. She also said that dishes like chili or goulash are perfect because it is already all three groups in one. For breakfast, she said a bowl of cereal with milk.

I asked about getting enough protein and she said my new goal for protein is 24 grams (it was 80.)

She said no more protein shakes or bars.... Eat real food!

I have been following other peoples posts who are a year or more out and they still eat high amounts of protein.

Did/does anyone else have a stage 4 plan like this? Will this cause me to stall or gain? Thoughts?

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    This seems to go against everything I have heard from many people about what their surgeon's and nutritionists have told them, which is protein first, THEN veggies, THEN starch if you have room. 24 grams?? That doesn't seem right at all! Is this nutritionist affiliated with your surgeon? If so you might want to check directly with your surgeon as to what you should do.
  • ChelleDJM
    ChelleDJM Posts: 161
    Options
    My surgery was 3/18 and that's against all of my rules too. I still need to do 60 grams at least of protein and when I was concerned about fiber, my nutritionist said not to worry about it unless there was...ummm...bathroom trouble. And I think I have had one piece of toast and one piece of pizza and that's about it. I eat no starch because I eat 2-3 ounces of protein, a little veg, then I am full!!!
  • KCSF
    KCSF Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yes, they are in the same office. My surgeon's office made the appointment with the nutritionist for me. I asked the bariatric nurse (I saw her right afterwards) and she said to do whatever the nutritionist says.

I am just a little apprehensive!!
  • happydales
    happydales Posts: 10
    Options
    Wow this goes against everything I've been told. My NUT told me to eat my protein first then eat the other food if I'm still hungry. My protein goal is at least 60 grams per day. My surgery was on March 19, 2014. The NUT told me to continue drinking protein drinks because it helps me get my protein in for the day.

Laurie