HRT

Options
chellamia
chellamia Posts: 5 Member
Any ladies in here on HRT ? How has the hormone effected your weight loss/gain. I just got on the estrogen Vivelle dot and 100 mg of progesterone. I was wondering how your weight was effected before you started taking the HRT and after. I have recently gained a lot of weight in my abdomen where I never used to gain it.
I am hoping that HRT will help with the weight gain.

Replies

• BurntCoffee
    BurntCoffee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I started using progest cream. It's natural progesterone. That helped me sleep. I also take Menopause Support Formula. It helps me with mood swings. Black Cohosh really helps with hot flashes, that is what is in the Menopause Support Formula by Deltus Group. For some reason they have been out of stock at Amazon but you can get it other place online. Amazon has the Progest Cream. I highly recommend it. I'll PM you the links to the products.

Mandy
  • chellamia
    chellamia Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have tried the Menoquil which is the same as the support supplements you are talking about. I have been on those for about 5 months and no luck. Finally had enough and went to see the Dr. . I do feel better as far as mood swings and night sweats. My concern is the weight loss. I have noticed a big increase in my weight without any change in my diet or exercise routine.( so frustrating) I am hoping that the hormones will help with that. We will see.
  • skinnyzanne
    skinnyzanne Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about HRT. Right now I'm using prog cream but really want to work with a compounding pharmacy to get a custom job. I had my hormones checked last week by my GP and have done the saliva test for cortisol but not in a long time. My cortisol is way off and I've been incorporating some Adrenal Fatigue healing methods. Chronic stress has about done me in. Dr says I'm in perimenopause and still ovulating - sometimes. I'm not having hot flashes but just about every other symptom. There is a clinic here that does HRT by inserting slow-release hormone pellets under the skin - I don't want that. I have played with some supplements, but not found anything specific that is just fabulous. I just bought Suzanne Somers book "I'm Too Young For This" and it looks promising. Anyway, I'm interested to see what others are doing.
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I will be interested to see what results other people have had from HRT also. I also have gained in the middle and it seems nothing I do can get it off. I am having a hard time with my moods - some days I am just blah for no good reason. I am really working on increasing my exercise and watching my calories and eating healthy. But some days its just hard - lol.

I just recently started the progesterone cream also. I also started a weight loss supplement from UNI-Key so we'll see how all that goes in a couple of months.

Is the Suzanne Summers book worth reading? I bought a book a while back it looked promising and it was well - not what I expected. Wrote by two men on how an aging and going in to menopausal woman should act. I wasn't impressed with it.