New here! Tall..older with big feet should qualify!

Becre8tive
Becre8tive Posts: 108 Member
All my life I was shy to tell people my weight, all my friends were 120 or 130 lbs and I was so comfortable with 160 lbs. Once I dropped down to 155 lbs and it didn't feel right.. I felt too thin lol.

I am 5'10 and a shoe size 11. I felt like an Amazon when I was younger; they even called me that numerous times. When I got older my shoulders weren't hunched anymore; I was proud of my heights and had no problem to wear high heels. Don't ask me to dance and be shocked when I get up...do your research first :-)

So thank you ...I am going to be happy when I reach 175 lbs. that's when I am a size 12 :-)

So tall, older with big feet does qualify me right?

I have two nightmares right now...one is my weight, the other one is how I fell. I feel miserable...unhappy with the way I look. I am so off right now..it's not even funny.

I gained 60 lbs over the last 4 years ..and I just let it happen. All of a sudden the weight just jumped on me..slowly but steady. I didn't understand...my eating habits didn't change, so what was going on. It's called Menopause H*E*L*L. My system changed, my body changed...I was just beside myself.

Then I decided to give up smoking. I smoked for 15 years and decided that's enough. I quit 6 months ago. This is something only an ex-smoker will understand. You quit smoking and you live in the refrigerator, or at least close by! I read up on it and it's normal, but just really bad if you are already overweight. They say "don't worry about it" you can take care of the weight later. Well I gained 28 lbs when I quit smoking. My metabolism was dead and let's not talk about a non existing bowel movements (they joke that it comes back after 2 months and it wasn't a joke).

I don't have eating spells anymore, I don't need candy anymore to overcome cigarette craving. So I am a fat nonsmoker now and I HATE IT.

I am on a very strict diet since 3 days. Why, because I need a success really fast, I know myself. 5 lbs off my weight would motivate me for months.

I feel like a Helium balloon.....fat, unattractive and can hardly breath when I try to run (no running for a while). We have a big dog...my exercise will be walking...I will start slowly, but will walk everyday..first like a snail...then power walking.

All my life I was shy to tell people my weight, all my friends were 120 or 130 lbs and I was so comfortable with 160 lbs. I am 5'10 and a shoe size 11. I felt like an Amazon sometimes; they even called me that numerous times.

So thank you ...I am going to be happy when I reach 175 lbs. that's when I am a size 12 :-)

So tall, older with big feet does qualify me right?

Replies

• You made me laugh....I can relate the darn big feet.... on a good day I wear an 11. All my life I've wanted a foot reduction. Most people want liposuction or breast implementation; not me. I.Saud please give me a nine so I can have a variety of shoes. I love shoes!!! Well this time I've promised myself that I'm going to lose this dreadful weight and I'm hoping to find the right support. I've been aweful, I've made really poor decisions. However I'm on the right track now. I started on April 22 at 305. That is the highest I've been since I had my son 14 years ago. I gained 100 pounds then. I'm going to do this.......
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Tall older and big feet! That's me you're talking about. 6', 73, 12-13.
    Know the huge weight gain at menopause well. I could only walk 1/4 mike when I started. You can do this!!!
    And you are going to love yourself again. Very soon!
    Welcome and hello.
  • hukanna
    hukanna Posts: 8
    i like tall womem. place add me tall women.