Runkeeper always posts 3mph walk

Options
Karen_LM
Karen_LM Posts: 67 Member
My experience is that Runkeeper always syncs promptly, and while the time and calories are correct, the pace is ALWAYS 3 mph in MFP , no matter what it really was in Runkeeper.. I was tolerating this, but now i am linked to FitBit as well. Following advice here, i use MFP as the hub. So, info goes from Run keeper to MFP, gets logged as 3mph then gets sent out to FitBit at that rate, instead of the correct rate, which then messes up my FitBit data and so the FitBit adjustment at the end of the day.

I have unlinked and relinked everything, no fix.

Help me!

Replies

• tmccutcheon
    tmccutcheon Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I believe it is MFP that is describing the workout as a 3 MPH Walk. I get the same description though the calories burned are dependent on my actual speed and not the 3 MPH. If MFP is your hub (I do the same thing) why is it messing up fit bit?
  • eemitchell1984
    eemitchell1984 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have mfp, runkeeper, and fitbit also. runkeeper and fitbit are close, but the caloric burn is off. i find that even though i've shaved a min off of my average pace, it still says a moderate pace of 3.0mph. I have no idea WHY its doing this... but i know that the post is being fed to mfp through runkeeper, not through fitbit. i have all three synced, but i dont think that runkeeper is affecting my fitbit data. what i see happening is that fitbit syncs to mfp and adjusts the calories... i think. i have went round and round with fitbit about this and unfortunately, because all three have different web-developers, there isnt really a "fix". they all use variations of the same calculations and different software to pull their data, so it's not going to ever be completely cohesive. i also use mfp as my "hub". i basically use fitbit to keep me in check throughout the day, runkeeper to track my runs, and mfp as an overall information-board, as well as the place i store my food and focus on my caloric in vs. out.

While this doesnt answer your question, at least you know your not the only one with this issue. i have posted threads about this before when i first started and talked with people who have been using these apps together for years... and there is still no fix.