looking for some MFP friends

Options
Hi!!
I started on MFP in January hoping to loose about 20 lbs and getting in better shape. I have lost 13 so far and I feel stronger and healthier than I have in years. I would like to loose a few more but I am also toning up and getting strong again like I was in my 20's and early 30's. I am a 40 year old SAHM of 2 and would love to have a few more friends like me who could use a little more support. Did I mention that I was a big wine drinker and have pretty much given that up (except for occasional night out with friends).
Friend me if you would like some more friends through this journey!!

Replies

• KechiaG
    KechiaG Posts: 55
    Options
    Hi! I am 44, married with 2 kids and work part-time while they are in school.

Congratulations on almost reaching your goal! I have a ways to go yet (11 lbs with 50 lbs left), but I'm working hard and I am a starting to see light at the end of the tunnel. =)

Feel free to add me. I am learning that we all need support and encouragement to get to the "finish line".

Kechia
  • minita
    minita Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm trying to lose like 26 lb more, and those are stubborn. They just like to be on me, lol. So, little by little we can get rid of them.
  • chellk71
    chellk71 Posts: 69
    Options
    you can add me too but I'm not on here as often as I should be. And can't access the community boards from my phone where I do most of my posting.
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Hi, mommybird1! I have started MFP this week and would love to have a friend - feel free to add me. I am looking to loose 25ish by Thanksgiving. However, what I'm really looking for is being fit and the strength, energy, and stamina that comes with it. See you on the boards!
  • ReneeCWalker
    Options
    Hi everyone, I just found this site on Monday. Im very thankful for all of the resources that are available here and would also love "friends" to travel on this weight loss journey with. Blessings!
  • daniat
    daniat Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I just seriously committed to this site a week ago. I am a SAHM to a 3 year old who goes to school part time.I am looking to lose the 60 lbs that I have gained in the past 12 years .

Would love to have more friends to encourage me along the way and to cheer along as the reach their goals. Feel free to add me.
  • Andreadet1002
    Options
    hello, I'm 43. I just joined MFP about a week and a half ago. I have been having a rough day motivation wise and could really use more support. So I would love for you to add me. I am on everyday.
  • truckerbabe67
    Options
    you can add me always great to have freinds while on our weight loss get healthy journeys! my kids are grown but one still at home for now.. lol and im a gramma too! lol
    its very encouraging to have others give a thumbs up when we have a good day or when were down or need encouragement to help lift us up...and cheer us on..no matter what.

i love this site!

anyone needing friends to help go thru this journey can add me as well ive got different age freinds ..from young to older...
    and of course always nice to have someone close to my age too... and in simular situation
    im short so i swere its rough trying to lose weight! lol
    and esp over 40!
    but i know i will make it eventualy!
  • zessis00
    zessis00 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Please add me as well! I am on here almost every day, at least 5 days a week. I am trying really hard to lose the weight. I am a FT Working Mom - 43; 2 kids. I go to Planet Fitness every day at 5am. I meet a few other WM's there. I get in about a 35-40 min work out. Then I try to walk about 1-1 1/2 miles at work. I know that my food choices are a huge problem. So I try to stay accountable with MFP. But my scale... not budging. Thank you!!