Welcome and Introductions

Options
2»

Replies

• Karren188
    Karren188 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My name is Karen -- I'm 53 --- I've been trying to lose 100 pounds for 8 years. I've actually lost 100 pounds in the form of repeatedly losing the same 20 pounds over and over again ;) so that probably doesn't count ... I remarried in 2002 and my husband and I decided to have two children - which is great! What's not great was I was in my mid-40s when I did it. I gained and lost all the weight with both of them, but it seemed to rearrange and solidify the 100 pounds overweight that I already was. Anyway I'm looking forward to participating in the group and doing it together :) I've joined a couple of other groups and I hope I get to know a lot of nice weight loss buddies. HUGS! Karen
  • Karren188
    Karren188 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    hi everyone hope you are having a great weekend! went grocery shopping today and tried to buy healthy. I did pretty well. I made sure I had a grocery list and I planned our meals ahead to see if that helps. I've been doing pretty good with water consumption and exercising every day - some days longer than others - but at least I'm moving around :) My goals this month are to make better choices and if I do pick something wrong - keep myself in control and not eat too much of it.

Take care --- see you again tomorrow! Karen
  • cindytabor96
    cindytabor96 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. My name is Cindy Lou and this is my first group on MFP. I'm learning how to use this group, etc. I'm 52 and all this technology is not my strong suit. I'm 239 pounds and I'm feed up! About 5 years ago I lost 65 pounds. And like most of you I have gained most of it back. I'm miserable. I suffer from low self esteem, and I no longer feel sexy. I know underneath there I can be sexy. But sexy is not what it's about...it's self esteem. Confidence. Health. I'm at that age where it might be easy to say this is the way I'm going out, this is just me. I'm exactly like my grandmother at her age. It's genetics. It's in the cards. This is the hand I have been dealt.

BUT NO!!! I work in the nursing home industry and I see people from various ages in POOR conditions and hardly NO quality of life. I've decided I do not want to be a bariatric patient that takes 2-3 ppl to move me cause I can't move myself. I think to myself, I'm able to walk when so many others are not able to move at my age. There is still time for me to make a ONCE AND FOR ALL change. If not now, it will only get worse. I feel this extra weight is making me miss out on much of life that is still out there to live!!!!

I WANT TO LIVE A LIFE OF QUALITY. I don't want to miss out on the Harley ride cause I'm too big, or not get on the roller coaster because my butt wont fit.

This is it, ONCE AND FOR ALL. I'm happy to meet you and I look forward to our journey together.
  • 65byJuly
    65byJuly Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Holy Smokes Cindy Lou.....We are the same! Get out of my head...lol!! Don't want to miss the motorcycle rides anymore! I am tired of making excuses about the way I look. I am not comfortable with myself so nobody else is that is around me. I have missed at least four great opportunities to go for a ride just because I can imagine what other people will think of me on the back of a bike. Also not sure if you are familiar with Cedar Point but it is the closest Park around here and I have missed the past six years because I know I won't fit. Ugg!! Once an for all my new friend!!