Check In May 25, 2014

Options
KarenZen
KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
Good morning, duckies! Here in Maine, we're still freezing to death (last night's low was 38), but today the sun may shine and warm things up. I need a good couple of hours in the pool, enough steam left to do some housework, and the willpower to avoid my nemesis the loaf of bread.

Anyone have a conversation starter?

Replies

• PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    It must be a slow start to the day, hopefully that means people are out doing things to take care of themselves. I on the other hand slept in. The weather here in CA is really nice, it's 64 right now and will go into the 90's. It means my walk will be later in the evening but I took a 10pm walk last night and the weather was great. I have to figure out what to eat today, i've planned nothing and someone ate the rest of my salad.

As for a conversation starter, what one of the none weightless changes or victories you have noticed? Lets step off the scales for a moment and take account of what has changed for the better regardless of how much we are loosing.

I have noticed I have a lot more energy then I did before and a new sense of confidence, a lot of the apathy and depression I was feeling has lessened in the past 53days. I'm still an introvert and loner but the confidence I have with what I am doing is much improved. A lot of my digestive problems have gone away due to the change in diet. This may be more then anyone wants to know but I haven't had a case of mild hemorrhoids the entire time. I was resigned to the fact that my digestive system didn't like me and all the straining was causing mild flair ups in that department. Unsurprisingly it was me doing it to myself and now that my diet has changed everything is just so much more comfortable. It's really nice to see what can happen when you take care of yourself.
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Quick check in to tell on myself. Did good all day until my bad influence in laws talked me into some after hours treats that increase my appetite like crazy. Needless to say, my night time binge was over 1000 calories. Nothng illicit going on today. I just got back from spending $40 on fruit alone so there will be healthy stuff around.
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Pesky in laws.

Non scale victories I am happy about right now are more of our large towels fit round me. I can do my toenails without contortions and pain. I like my face more. At 300lbs I hated mirrors even just for my face, the permanent second chin, the poor skin condition. Now my skin looks better and my face is more defined. I do not mind looking at my face anymore.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Non Scale Victories? So many! Definitely not having to contort myself as much in the bathroom to wipe is a biggie. Fitting into my new underwear! Clicking the seatbelt with room to spare.

I wish my energy level was improving. Today I am fighting exhaustion again. I think I'm not sleeping well--keep waking up with a racing heart and dreams of running, being chased by wolves, that sort of thing. I use a cpap and asked my doc about this, and someone was supposed to call me to set up an O2 study but they haven't. Time to follow-up.

Good for you Tish on the toenail painting and other NSV's. They are a big deal!!! And Heather, good for you on the fruit day. I'm going to do a fruit splurge later and have a fruit and veggie half week, Mon-Thurs. If I can stick in to it, my body loves the cleanse.

Happy water drinking gang!
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    Non Scale Victories? So many! Definitely not having to contort myself as much in the bathroom to wipe is a biggie. Fitting into my new underwear! Clicking the seatbelt with room to spare.

I wish my energy level was improving. Today I am fighting exhaustion again. I think I'm not sleeping well--keep waking up with a racing heart and dreams of running, being chased by wolves, that sort of thing. I use a cpap and asked my doc about this, and someone was supposed to call me to set up an O2 study but they haven't. Time to follow-up.

Good for you Tish on the toenail painting and other NSV's. They are a big deal!!! And Heather, good for you on the fruit day. I'm going to do a fruit splurge later and have a fruit and veggie half week, Mon-Thurs. If I can stick in to it, my body loves the cleanse.

Happy water drinking gang!

Those are good victories, even if the energy isn't their. Some things you just can;t control, hopefully over time as you improve and the disease improves you'll have more energy. But all those small victories really do impact the quality of life. Keep it up Karen, your doing great.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    You too, Patrick! Wooohoooo!
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Karen I have that seat belt one too :) The seat belts in the old banger we have are shorter than most so it meant a 18 months ago I could only just get it done up in the Summer when I had no layers. In the winter I faked it and held it to look as if it was in place. I too can now get that on with some room to spare now. Every time I get in the car I give it a pull to see how much is left over, just as a way to monitor myself lol.

I really want a drink today! Alcohol. Oh that sounds like I have a problem no I meant as in I really fancy a couple of glasses of wine, or I have a chocoy liqueur drink left from my birthday in April I want. Do not have the cals really though. Might have to re think tomorrow's food plan to fit in a couple.
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Some great NSVs! I'm so happy for all of you :)

I wore a pair of capris yesterday that I had been afraid to try on since last summer because I'd gained weight. They fit great! Today I'm wearing another pair that were a bit tight, but now they fit pretty much perfectly and don't dig in the way they used to.

Yesterday was pretty bad food and exercise-wise, but I'm making up for it with a long (8 mile!) walk plus going to the gym in a bit and making better food choices (mostly... I did get a bubble tea :))
  • IlluminatedMayhem
    Options
    I haven't really noticed much in the way of NSVs yet except I feel thinner if that makes sense. I don't know how to explain it because I don't see a difference. Its like how I knew that I was gaining weight even though there was no proof before I got my scale.

I did lose 8lbs this past week. It has to be water weight. I ate too much for it to be much otherwise and it was that time of month last week. Still, it was nice seeing 288 where just 2 weeks ago it said 302.
  • Healthy4Sarah
    Healthy4Sarah Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    8 lbs is great Jenny! Congrats!

One of my NSV is learning to stop eating when full even if I'm enjoying what I'm eating. Friday I stopped eating even though I really, really want to eat the last cheese stick and again today when I had a ice cream cone. Gotta have a treat once in a while but still need to know when to walk away :)
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    Well lunch didn't go so well. I had to skip breakfast as as i was on the phone or skying with clients until late afternoon. By that point I was frustrated and pissy, and just not in a good place. I wanted to eat but I also just wanted out of the house. I decided to go shopping for fruit since I hadn't been able to go to the farmers market. Well lets be honest the fruit was secondary, I was going to go do some damage, and been done. I knew it and I let myself, the little voice in my head barley protested. I was aware of it the whole time and i still did it. Even when I was at the checkout I knew it was a bad idea. But i still came home and I still ate it. I wanted the excuse to go through with it and I made several. I didn't not enjoy it but i feel sickeningly full, is this what i use to do? I could have never enjoy this food, not in the quantities i was/am able of consuming. I wanted it to do the things I needed, to remove my stress and frustration (just getting in the car and driving did that) I wanted to feel happy and satisfied but now I'm just embarrassed with myself. I'm not angry I was aware it was happening and I let it. I have to keep reminding myself I got nothing out of this, nothing I couldn't have gotten in betters in better places. Instead you consumed 1,400 calories for your own self pity. No you can't go back (sorry i'm talking to myself). Why would you want to?

And now i'm too stuffed for dinner and i'll need to go for a walk today. I wont be going over today, but I wont be proud of it either.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Hey Rat, write it down, tally it up, take a walk, shake it off, and forge ahead. Sounds like a splurge but not a binge... good for you. You can't do this perfectly. You're human.

I went out for icecream with the Hub. Enjoyed it immensely and fully appreciated that 1) I'd more than swum off the calories and 2) eating a portion controlled icecream with the Hub is a much better choice than eating an entire gallon when no one is looking.
  • julieworley376
    julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! Bad couple of days calorie wise but I am in great spirits and my fridge and cupboards are stocked full of healthy food. So bring on tomorrow! I think that is a NSV I would claim actually. Before I would have let those days wreck everything, feel down and depressed and just keep eating until the next time I am strong enough to eat healthy. But not anymore.

Eating healthy foods is becoming more and more a way of life and then not so healthy foods what we do on special occasions and then right back to it! That is what I call having a much healthier attitude to food.

Yesterday was our nephews Graduation Party with a cookout picnic at a local park, there were two types of cake that were both out of this world delicious and my favorites. I didn't overdo it on the other foods but I did on the cake and I know it. Funny how sluggish that kind of food makes me feel plus it sits like a lead weight in my stomach.

Today is a lighter day. We had a good breakfast, light lunch and dinner at our friends house. We took all our dogs with us, my friend groomed one of my cockers and we sat around, hung out then ate steak, salad and potato salad dinner with devilled eggs, some tiny lemon bars and a weight watchers cake she made specially bless her.

The dogs played together (all 8 of them) and now they are so tuckered out they are fast asleep. It's a good night and no work tomorrow!!!