workouts ?

Options
Just curious to see what workouts everyone is doing? Im 18 weeks and looking to change it up. I'm pretty active, but the past few weeks I have been really tired and struggling to find motivation! I really want to stay on track and keep my weight gain to a minimum. I'm thinking of doing my Beach Body Turbo Fire or possibly 21 day fix. Let me know what you're doing! :smile:

Replies

• ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I do a mix of things, but really try for at least 4 days of working out per week. Right now I'm trying to finish up New Rules of Lifting for Women which I started before I was pregnant - it's essentially a weight lifting program. I do that 2-3 times per week, prenatal yoga once a week and then an additional day of cardio which changes all the time. For example yesterday, I did "Just Dance" on the X-box for 35 minutes. I've had a harder time running so I've pretty much cut that down and probably will go more incline walking as the weeks progress.

Hope that helps!
  • saintpaulJess
    saintpaulJess Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I run 3-4 days a week and that seems to help me the most - as far as mood, how I feel physically, and keeping weight gain in check. I also throw in some weight lifting, prenatal yoga, swimming, walking, hiking, and a few spin classes.
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I found turbot fire to intense but 21 day fix and T25 are good
  • roxannemezzapesamulder
    roxannemezzapesamulder Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Before pregnancy I was doing 90 minutes on my elliptical everyday using the training programs built in to the machine. My HRM said I was burning abut 700-800 calories per workout. But I was working really hard. I am afraid to continue at that level. My HR was ranging from 150 - 170 throughout the workout.

I am now taking it much easier. 45 minute workouts on a less intense setting a few times per week and long walks pushing my 4 and 2 year old in a double stroller. I am only 7 weeks along. I feel so crappy right now that anything more intense makes me really sick :(
  • meggwyn
    meggwyn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I've really stopped doing a lot of what I was doing before. I find it hard to keep up with work out dvd's, so I usually end up throwing on the pop fitness station on pandora and doing a bunch of jumping jacks, push ups, squats, lunges, etc and dancing around. I had been getting into lifting heavy, but I've stopped and I only use 5 and 10lb dumbbells now and incorporate it into my dance/cardio thingy. I can't really call it circuit training b/c it has no rhyme or reason! lol

I also power walk on the treadmill. I used to run, but man, its just gotten too hard. I can run outside a lot easier, but I haven't even tried that in a few weeks. I'm just getting back into regular treadmill walking this week, so I'm hoping to build my stamina back up. (I have slacked hard core over the past couple of months with running/walking). I plan to do a lot of swimming, too, once my pool is clear and no longer green!

And I keep meaning to do yoga, but I always feel like I need to be sweating! That stretching won't count, etc. But I know its a lot more difficult than that probably.
  • KatieTee83
    KatieTee83 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    ... I usually end up throwing on the pop fitness station on pandora and doing a bunch of jumping jacks, push ups, squats, lunges, etc and dancing around.

I LOVE doing this! Especially when none of my other go-tos -- DVDs, gym routines, etc -- sound appealing. It makes working out like a hilarious dance party in my living room! And it's a fun way to involve the toddler.
  • KatieTee83
    KatieTee83 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm only at 6w right now, so I'm battling some nausea and fatigue. I bring my gym bag to work every day, and on days when I feel okay by lunch time I'll do some uphill walking on the treadmill or a 30min program on the elliptical. I don't have the energy I used to, but I'm trying to keep the habit up and do something at least.

I also have 8 Min Arms and 8 Min Buns dvds which are fun to do at home. They're so campy it's hilarious.
  • joianett
    joianett Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I was doing Sara Haley's Expecting More DVD set. This week, I started doing a treadmill workout. It's a 60 minute routine. The first 30 minutes are focused on speed (walking) with a little bit of an incline and the second 30 minutes are focused on incline. It's pretty nice and I burn between 350-400 calories each workout. I am going to try to do this 4x/week.
  • joianett
    Options
    On days you ladies workout, what is your calorie intake???
  • roxannemezzapesamulder
    roxannemezzapesamulder Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit that I let MFP use to figure my calories when I only walk. If I do a more intense workout I override that time frame with my HRM readout on calories burned. I usually end up somewhere between 1900 and 2200 depending on how much activity I do. I am still in the first trimester so I only add about 100 extra calories due to pregnancy at this point.
  • melbwhite
    melbwhite Posts: 16
    Options
    I love the just dance suggestion! Most of those are pretty fast paced! :) There is a youtube channel I do dance fitness/ zumba and its a very good workout! Here is the link if your interested.

http://www.youtube.com/user/FitnesswithJessica

I was doing a speed walking and running interval but I'm finding it harder and harder. I really need to find an arm workout or weight routine. I always seem to gain in my arms and with summer almost here in Texas you have to wear sleeveless or melt! Swimming will also be a staple workout this summer.

I still have not changed my calorie intake from prepregnancy. If I'm feeling more hungry one day I just go over a little but will make up for the calories the rest of the week.
  • Binky_Muffin
    Binky_Muffin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My go-to workout is walking and biking. I also run a lot, but not feeling up to it at the moment because of nausea. All that bouncing...blurgh...
  • mrsomeara
    mrsomeara Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am 17w1d and I mix it up between the elliptical at the gym, Jillian Michaels workout DVDs, riding my bike, walking while pushing my toddler in the stroller and I just incorporated Summer Sanders prenatal workout video. I try and workout 5 days a week at the minimum. My calories are set at 2000 and I usually eat back my exercise calories because I like food too much :-) I worked out this morning so I could have my ice cream tonight. LOL!
  • joianett
    Options
    Thank you for the reply. I am only eating about 1500 calories! Hmmmm. I am 30 weeks pregnant and workout 4x/week.
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Right now I have my calories set to maintenance which is around 1,780 for me and I always eat back workout calories - I'm starving if I don't... plus like @mrsomeara I workout so I can have my little cheats like ice cream.
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I eat between 2000 - 2500 cal everyday feel full , on workoit days too I burn between 300 -400 cal when I workout, thinking ill drop to 1500 when bubba out and about
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Throughout this pregnancy I have mostly just been walking. At first, it was a mile a day and it has tapered off towards the end. At about 32 weeks I started going only a couple times a week for my 1mile walk. As of today (almost 37 weeks) and the looks of how baby is progressing, I think I am done. I am just going to take it easy now.
  • claedwar
    claedwar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I usually eat back my exercise calories because I like food too much :-) I worked out this morning so I could have my ice cream tonight. LOL!

Right there with you!! The thought of *not* eating back my calories has never even occurred to me. Lol... I don't always eat up to my "goal" which is almost 2000/day. I am usually 200-500 short of that when you go by net.

For workouts, I usually do cardio (elliptical or long walks) at least twice a week and weight/strength train about 3 times a week. I have heard that weight training while pregnant is GREAT because it preps your body/muscles for labor and delivery, and then having muscle also helps you to burn calories faster in general. I want to take prenatal yoga but don't want to pay for a class. :)
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I like the Denise Austin free YouTube prenatal workouts. Most are about 20mins long, which is plenty for me!
  • momRN2B
    momRN2B Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I was doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred before my pregnancy so I wanted something similar and I found Joy Southworth's Body by Trimester DVD set. I used it throughout my whole pregnancy to keep myself fit and toned. Then at 7 weeks postpartum i went back to it. I am now almost 17 weeks postpartum and almost back to my prepregnancy size and strength.