stricture on my sleeve

Options
capecodgirl50
capecodgirl50 Posts: 111 Member
hi all,

I've been away from the site for a few weeks. had a stricture (bend) at my sleeve area that prevented me from swallowing. went into the hospital and an endoscopy proved it was bent like a boomerang. I had a stent and two endoscopies.

went in on the 13th and they kept me until this Sunday.

was told this can happen. but why me! ii know, not a nice thing to say but it has taken a toll on me. I am down 40 lbs. but not by eating correctly - by not eating!

I am home now and hope the balloon they put in my sleeve to keep the passage open stays open. otherwise they are talking about a bypass.

anyone have this happen to them? I know that I read all about minor issues, and great progress, but this is something else.

please me know.

Replies

• thoughtaling76
    thoughtaling76 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you are really having a tough time.. Like you I knew it was possible complication but it does seem you've had more than your share of problems.. Be strong.. I'll pray everything gets better for you..
  • Ksh1055
    Ksh1055 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear of this complication and can't believe you have been hospitalized this long. I do hope that the balloon does its' job and you don't have any further problems - you've had enough. When or how does the balloon come out?

During my last endoscopy my surgeon dilated my throat as I was having some trouble swallowing some of my pills, but this was done before my sleeve.

Hoping with everything I have that this is the end of your complications and you don't have to undergo any further and more extensive surgery. Keep us informed.

If no one else has gone through this, please look it up on the internet and you may find more information. Thinking of you.

Karen
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    El sucko, that's awful! Sorry that happened. Hopefully it will work now. Poor you, more abdominal surgery, blecch! Did you have to start the whole liquid diet all over again?
  • capecodgirl50
    capecodgirl50 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    trying to avoid surgery. status quo at this time
  • shoerack45
    shoerack45 Posts: 30
    Options
    Sorry to read about this. You were in the hospital a really long time for today's standards (insurers get folks out quick!). I hope the balloon does the job.

May I ask your symptoms and did you find yourself at the ER? I just wondered if your surgeon recognized this from something you said or you experienced severe pain, etc..

Here's hoping!
  • ujuoba
    ujuoba Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm so very sorry to read about your stricture. May you feel the comfort of our group intentions for better days ahead!