Check in May 21-31

Options

Replies

• R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    5. 26.14

Green: yes
    Total: 22----I just did the math, I am still in the GAME!!!! I can still hit goal of 27!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!

Blue; YES
    26/31

Enjoyed my "free day"....likely will have a multitude of messes waiting for me at work tomorrow...ah, the torture of a secret Monday on Tuesday.:bigsmile:

@GrandMaKandy---you keep hanging in there, so the month is not a fail. :heart:
    xxxx spreadsheet updated xxxxx
  • R_Queenie
    Options
    Gold Medal (18 days green): New winners: Bruceapple, Chevy_Smart, K80flec, R_Queenie, Miridia, Monieli25
    1d6b82bf-0899-46b2-b862-d4975d751a48_zps39d4e85a.jpg

Previous winners: MelissaPhippsFeagin, Scherzie

Gold H20 award (18 days): Jbharwood, K80flec

c795d1f6-b72b-4dca-bd65-2a01698e9a9d_zpsdbd79e07.jpg

Previous winners: Bruceapple, MelissaPhippsFeagin, R_Queenie, Scherzie

Diamond Medal (25 days green):New winners: MelissaPhippsFeagin, Scherzie
    bf162620-df7b-49c8-b227-63fc5c8dba20_zps0bd7db98.jpg

Diamond award (25 days): New winners: Bruceapple, MelissaPhippsFeagin, R_Queenie, Scherzie
    fa7739be-58d2-47bb-aec5-aff4906e13ab_zps66ec54a1.jpg
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options

Green: YES
    Total 22/ 25

Blue (water): YES
    Total 26/ 30
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    R_Queenie

Great job with the medals! :drinker:
  • JennyKCarty
    JennyKCarty Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    So.....Yesterday was Red. I was hungry and didn't hold back. At this rate I have 14 Green Days for the month. No trouble chugging the water though. I'm changing some things around in my goals and aiming to hit macros, so we'll see how that goes.

**********************spreadsheet updated for Bruceapple and I since Queenie rocks***********************
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    May 27th

Green: Yes
    Total: 27/27:bigsmile:

Blue: Yes
    Total: 27/31
  • R_Queenie
    Options

Green: Yes--very very green.
    Total 23!

Total 27/31

Today was a fasting day. I came home very very hungry....so I went shopping (looking at all the food and imagining the flavors for some bizarre reason really helps me feel somewhat satisfied....and since social norms say I can't rip the packages open in the store, I can behave myself) While shopping a friend asked me to walk with her---we ended up doing a little over 3 miles- all this activity left me with a net of -6 calories for the day. (Meaning I burned enough exercise calories that I burned everything I ate + 6 more calories). I'm going to drink a good amount of water and go to bed. I expect to be seriously hungry in the morning. So planning ahead.

Congrats to all the medal winners!!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    May 27
    Green - yes
    27/31
    Bllue - yes
    27/31

Mad, mad, mad at myself for skipping lunch yesterday. I didn't mean to, but I went over to the ICU spital to see my brother and ended up being there for two hours. (He wrecked his motorcycle Monday.) When I got back to work, I had too much to do and wasn't feeling hungry. Today, however, I woke up starving. It'll all come out in the wash I guess. I have over 400 spare calories lying around and I don't like that.

Happy, happy, happy that my brother who shouldn't have survived bouncing 200+ feet from the motorcycle is sitting up and while he has a broken scapula and more broken ribs than not broken ones is going to be fine eventually. He has a punctured lung and a lacerated liver too. That's all healing remarkably fast, the liver is no longer bleeding, though there is still a drain tube in the lung. 13 minutes in a medevac helicopter saved my brother's life. I pray over the people in it every time I hear it go over my head to land. I'll definitely keep doing that. Next time I see the flight crew, I'm buying them lunch.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    May 27th

Green!
    I have done 20/27 days green this month.
    I am still slightly in the red for the entire month, but it is "Chevy-Red" so I hope to hang on to the end!

I expect to see my 10 day average weight from May 1st to May 31st show modest results! :smile:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    @Melissa - So Happy that your brother is recovering... :flowerforyou:
    May 27
    Green - yes
    27/31
    Bllue - yes
    27/31

Mad, mad, mad at myself for skipping lunch yesterday. I didn't mean to, but I went over to the ICU spital to see my brother and ended up being there for two hours. (He wrecked his motorcycle Monday.) When I got back to work, I had too much to do and wasn't feeling hungry. Today, however, I woke up starving. It'll all come out in the wash I guess. I have over 400 spare calories lying around and I don't like that.

Happy, happy, happy that my brother who shouldn't have survived bouncing 200+ feet from the motorcycle is sitting up and while he has a broken scapula and more broken ribs than not broken ones is going to be fine eventually. He has a punctured lung and a lacerated liver too. That's all healing remarkably fast, the liver is no longer bleeding, though there is still a drain tube in the lung. 13 minutes in a medevac helicopter saved my brother's life. I pray over the people in it every time I hear it go over my head to land. I'll definitely keep doing that. Next time I see the flight crew, I'm buying them lunch.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    When I have been successful at getting fit (notice I didn't say losing weight LOL), I have always had "side challenges" for myself that have had nothing to do with the scale. To succeed in these kind of challenges you have to make sure you eat not too much so that you have energy to spare, get enough sleep, drink enough water. Oh.. and by the way.. I usually drop lbs and inches.:drinker:

I mapped out a 2.00 mile course around the neighborhood around my house and did a "benchmark" walk/jog routine and timed and measured it with my runkeeper app.

This is modest (and I am competing with myself) but I was able to cover the 2.00 miles in 30:55. My goal is to do it someday under 20 minutes. That will mean that I can run the whole thing.

I will do this every 4-5 days and track my progress.

This is important.. because then I am not "hanging" off everything the "scale says"

Good luck everyone! :smile:
  • miridai
    miridai Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    25th

26th

27th

Total: 24

This month has been a mess, but I found out I have no troubles maintaining, I am even somehow comfortable with my current weight and figure so probably these will be my last challenge. Though I love this group and it has helped me a lot, so may-be I´ll just skip for the summer and will be back in autumn... But there are still 3 more days this month :smile:
  • JennyKCarty
    JennyKCarty Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    5/27- Green- Yes
    Blue- Yes

5/28- Green- Yes
    Blue- Yes

Scherzie- great job making your goal. Are you going for Supernova????

Melissa- I'm glad your brother sounds like he's doing well, all things considered.

Chevy- I am confident you'll make your goal around the block.

Queenie- You've had a great run of green days here, keep up the good work,

Miridai- Have a great summer, you know where to find us.

*********************spreadsheet updated******************
  • Scherzie
    Options
    May 28th

Total: 28/27

Total: 28/31:drinker:
  • R_Queenie
    Options

Green: Yes!
    Total 24/27

Total 28/31

Baseball took up the evening (even though I did a rain dance :tongue: ). Fasting again tomorrow.

@Melissa---so scary! hope your brother continues a quick recovery! Sounds like he was really lucky!!!
  • R_Queenie
    Options
    Goal (your personal goal): Chevy_Smart, Scherzie
    b3b2c487-ca44-4a64-9060-27d34e55262a_zps20bdf618.jpg

Congrats for hitting your personal goal!
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options

Total 23/ 25

Total 27/ 30

Total 24/ 25

Total 28/ 30
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    21st: Green: Yes
    Total/Goal: 19/25
    Water: Yes
    Total/Goal: 21/31

22nd: Green: Yes
    Total/Goal: 20/25
    Total/Goal: 22/31

23rd: Green: Yes
    Total/Goal: 21/25
    Total/Goal: 23/31

24th: Green: Yes
    Total/Goal: 22/25 (a Chevy with minus 48)
    Total/Goal: 24/31

25th: Green: Yes (a Chevy with minus 31)
    Total/Goal: 23/25
    Total/Goal: 25/25

26th: Green: Yes (a Chevy with minus 2)
    Total/Goal: 24/25
    Total/Goal: 26/31

27th: Green: Yes
    Total/Goal: 24/25 (a Chevy with minus 3)
    Total/Goal: 27/31

A mammoth check in - sorry R_Queenie and Jbharwood.

@Kawookie - don't know if its an urban mtyh - but I alwayd thought you could get tipsy on quickly drinking lots of water.

@Melissa - how wonderful, being headhunted - hope it works out as you would like it to. Hope your brother is continuing to improve - such a lucky chap.

@R_Queenie - what a wonderful way to spend your lunch time - chasing a TT ball, skipping and hooping - I'd want to nap in the afternoon!! Well done on the corn dog green - an wonderful NSV.

@Chevy - - LOL - fewer Chevy's - LOVL and I'm still giggling at Evel Knievel - how did it impact on the month spread. It's nice having a little circuit that you've taken ownership of - and a sidebar challenge to work on as a bonus.

@GMK - life can be such a rollercoaster - but you are a STRONG woman and will whip this into shape.

@Jbharwood - fun does help with the redness - imagine the nightmare of a miserable red day. (They need to be few and far between)

@miridai - you shall be soooo missed, you.ve been an important part of this group since the beginning. I shall miss your tramolining updates. Have a fabulous summer.

@Scherzie - you are going for supernova - FAB
  • R_Queenie
    Options

Total 25

Total 29

Fasting day. Mostly successful - but I did indulge in cereal after dinner.
  • Scherzie
    Options
    May 29th

Total: 29/27

Total: 29/31