Introduce yourself

Options
Hi and welcome to the group!

Please tell us about yourself, which junk foods you eat a lot and why you take this challenge! :)

Replies

• Valrotha
    Valrotha Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi all! And thanks to Dagnova for starting this group.

My name is James. I'm 43 and live in Northwest Arkansas. I'm a wellness coach for Herbalife, and I run sound for an 80s cover band for fun.

I'm taking this challenge because junk food, especially fast food and soda, are really killing my results. I'm a terrible cook, and like many people, I end up getting busy and just grabbing something quick and easy on the way home. I want to change that. If I can get control of this, I can much more easily accomplish my fitness goals.

For me, soda is the primary junk food I'm trying to avoid. Also, high calorie fast food meals as well. I typically do well avoiding packaged junk food like chips of various sorts and candy bars, but I'll add them to the list as well.
  • keya729
    keya729 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,

My name is Nakeya I'm 33yo with a penchent for chocolate chip cookies lol They are my weakness, my downfall and any other negative connotation you can think of lol!!

I'm hoping with this group that I can break the cycle of the cookie lol Thanks for starting this accountability group. :flowerforyou:
  • Chauncy2012
    Chauncy2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,

My name is Chantelle. I am 39 years old and live in Wetaskiwin, Alberta, Canada. I want to really try to get a grip on my Junk Food Addiction so I will give this a try.

I am not sure if this counts but in Canada we have a Coffee Chain called Tim Hortons "Just think of Dunkin Donuts". I love my morning French Vanilla Coffee. It will be hard but I need to save my waist and my wallet from this pit stop to work every morning. My second food to give up for the month is hamburgers. I am a very busy and find that I stop way to often for these fast and cheap "and oh so bad for you" meals.

So here I go, Wishing all of us the best of luck!:smile:
  • slacker75
    slacker75 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi... My name is Sandy and I will be 39 years old in another week, so I'm vowing to enter my 40's healthier and thinner than I've been in my 30's, so I have just a year to do so. I work full time, take classes part time, and I have a husband (who can eat WHATEVER he wants and gain barely anything) and two boys, 7 & 1.

This is the perfect time for this challenge. The month of June is crazy between Baseball (who knew a 7 - 9 yr old games would last approx 2 hours) and swimming lessons and school starting again for me, along with work and everything else to do at home, I find summers to be extremely difficult to make and prepare something healthy and avoid eating on the go. So, this is to preparing and avoiding the burger and fries or pizza. I've been working on my coca-cola addicton and have only 1 can in a month, i've worked on my coffee addiction (well, it's not the coffee per se, but the creamer and sugar i add to it) and have had 1 in a week, so now it's time to work on the rest.

Good Luck to everyone and I sure hope to make it through this month with no fails (or very few) and continue on.
  • tdot172
    tdot172 Posts: 2
    Options
    Sorry! This is my first time using the message board, so I posted in the wrong place the first time I wrote this.

Hello! My name is Tanya, and I am a 42 year old English professor. Although I have some good habits, like eating whole grains, fruits, and veggies, and exercising regularly for many years, I have a few weaknesses. The biggest one is Coca Cola. Second is homemade treats. I love to cook, and it is hard to not eat the rhubarb meringue pie I bake, or the Alfredo sauce for the kids' fettuccine. I had a heavy teaching load this past school year and I have not been as diligent about watching what I eat, so this is an opportunity for me to be inspired to form good habits and carry them into the next school year! Tracking what I eat has shown me how much little nibbles of anything add up! Looking forward to this challenge.