Looking for more running friends!

astralweeks82
astralweeks82 Posts: 230 Member
Hi all, I was told to go ahead and try this here. Forgive me, I'm a newbie but I really wanted to get more running friends. I've been on this journey for about 15+ months and have lost 139lbs so far. I took up running last April to train for my first 5K, which I ran in September. I did my second 5K last month and am not signed up for my first 10k this coming September.

Despite all that, I've only very recently moved my running to the great outdoors, and I LOVE it (even though I'm already dealing with a knee issue, ugh). Now that I'm outside and can fairly easily run 3 miles at a time, I am starting to consider myself an actual (slow) runner, and would love some more running friends! Please feel free to add me, I have a ton of questions and really want to pick your brains :)

PS: Sonicdeathmonkey80 told me to tell you all he sent me ;)

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    This chick is a badass. She won't say so herself, so I had to :)
  • astralweeks82
    This chick is a badass. She won't say so herself, so I had to :)

:blushing:
  • pmur
    pmur Posts: 223 Member
    I'm a newbie runner too. I just ran my first 5k couple of weeks ago. I'm running a 10k next week(ran 6 miles yesterday as a test). I found a local running group for women and found someone at my pace/distance. We have been training together ever since. She ran the 5k with me and is in on the 10k! Having buddies to run with helps, tremendously!!!!
    Feel free to add me. I barely track cals these days but am going to consistently track runs on here!
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Welcome! :) Always glad to meet a fellow runner!
  • julie_emma1
    julie_emma1 Posts: 146
    Welcome and congrats on your progress so far!! That's very impressive.

Feel free to add me - I love meeting fellow runners! :smile:
  • astralweeks82
    Thanks all, added everyone that commented so far. Yay runners! :)
  • Carrieendar
    Carrieendar Posts: 493 Member
    me, too! #runnersunite
  • saskie78
    saskie78 Posts: 237 Member
    Welcome! Nice progress! I too started out on the treadmill. The great outdoors is a fantastic transition :)
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Not super competetive, but long time runner here too. Feel free to add me. I love having runner friends to keep me motivated!
  • erinbeth85
    erinbeth85 Posts: 34
    Runner friends are awesome... feel free to add me! I still consider myself a newbie, but have done a couple 5K's and am working towards a 5 miler in August and a 10K in September!! I also started considering myself to be a runner when I could (fairly easily) run 3 miles at a time. I just ran 5 miles for the fist time ever last weekend, and am excited at being able to increase my distance even more. Good luck!!
  • jmcowan42
    jmcowan42 Posts: 89 Member
    Everyone feel free to add me too! I've done 2 halves and plan on doing a full in November.
  • astralweeks82
    Love it, thanks everyone and welcome aboard!
  • 58Rock
    58Rock Posts: 176 Member
    You can add me if you like. I run all the time and am also a huge Van Morrison fan, or is you screen name just a coincidence?
  • astralweeks82
    You can add me if you like. I run all the time and am also a huge Van Morrison fan, or is you screen name just a coincidence?

No coincidence, Van is the Man! Sending a request!
  • lockeddoor
    lockeddoor Posts: 103 Member
    Add me too! I've been running for 15 months, which I immediately injured myself right at the get go from being a little TOO enthusiastic, LOL, but that didn't stop me from running my first 5K... with a knee brace! But I did the physical therapy exercises and took things a little more slowly, and just yesterday I did my first half marathon. (I am still basking in the euphoria of crossing of that finish line)
    Definitely could use some runner friends! My real life friends don't get it and think I'm just "bragging" if I talk about running. :embarassed:
  • Long time runner here but I am always looking for new running friends. It is so motivating to see what others are doing :)
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Sending a request. Anyone else feel free to add me. I'm currently training for my first marathon in November.