New to this group, and Strava

Options
Hornsby
Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
So, bought a hybrid bike back in June of 2013 to lose weight. Found out that I love cycling....like really love it. I never understood the "high" that people talked about getting when they ran or what have you, until I bought a bike. Anyway, I used/use Runtastic with the hybrid, but figured I would use Strava now that I picked up a road bike to cruise on.

I basically just wanted to say hello, and see if everyone is adding each other on Strava? If anyone would like to add me, here is the link to my profile. http://www.strava.com/athletes/3937713

Go easy as I only have this weekends rides recorded on Strava :)

Replies

• TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    thats one of the great things about Strava - the "virtual cycle clubs" feature - on your dashboard there's a pulldown list that (iirc) defaults to "I'm following" - switch that to "GS MyFitnessPal" and you'll see all the rides from everyone on here.

The Strava club warms up a little in another couple of weeks, once my crazy Challenges start to kick in, though we usually get a thread every now and then about how people are doing in the Strava monthly challenges or so forth...
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Howdy!
  • Hornsby
    Options
    thats one of the great things about Strava - the "virtual cycle clubs" feature - on your dashboard there's a pulldown list that (iirc) defaults to "I'm following" - switch that to "GS MyFitnessPal" and you'll see all the rides from everyone on here.

The Strava club warms up a little in another couple of weeks, once my crazy Challenges start to kick in, though we usually get a thread every now and then about how people are doing in the Strava monthly challenges or so forth...

Yea, I kinda made this post a bit prematurely. Once I logged in online and saw that I could access everyone, this post kinda became moot.

Again, look forward to logging some miles with everyone!
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Hey bigyin,

Have applied to join the MFP club on Strava

P
  • Hornsby
    Options
    Thanks for the add, Paul!
  • Helenca76
    Helenca76 Posts: 125 Member
    Options

I didn't know about this so thanks. Fighting off an illness at the moment but hope to be back cycling next month :smile:
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Hey bigyin,

Have applied to join the MFP club on Strava

P

Welcome Aboard Paul :smile:
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Hiya :smile:
  • Snowoutspokin
    Options
    Hey ya
  • Hornsby
    Options
    And hello to you both :)
  • Lukejacksmum
    Lukejacksmum Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi all x

I have asked to join you all on Strava but so far have had no reply :( I am not fast and don't do as many miles as some of you but would love to try and catch up! New Caad 10 Ultegra arriving tomorrow so hoping to up my pace a bit!
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Hi all x

I have asked to join you all on Strava but so far have had no reply :( I am not fast and don't do as many miles as some of you but would love to try and catch up! New Caad 10 Ultegra arriving tomorrow so hoping to up my pace a bit!

Welcome aboard Julie - Normally it's best to drop me a PM letting me know you're wanting to sign up - I've had one person waiting for ages because I don't know who they are - fortunately as you use the same Avatar here and on Strava I made the association.

Enjoy that New Caad10 - hope you get better weather for riding it than I'm getting at the moment - it's looking like I'll be out on my own Cannondale - the CaadX- because, well, I just can't face a hour of cleaning and re-lubing the posh-bike again.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    So, bought a hybrid bike back in June of 2013 to lose weight. Found out that I love cycling....like really love it. I never understood the "high" that people talked about getting when they ran or what have you, until I bought a bike. Anyway, I used/use Runtastic with the hybrid, but figured I would use Strava now that I picked up a road bike to cruise on.

I basically just wanted to say hello, and see if everyone is adding each other on Strava? If anyone would like to add me, here is the link to my profile. http://www.strava.com/athletes/3937713

Go easy as I only have this weekends rides recorded on Strava :)

FR sent to Strava. Didn't know about this Strava Group either. Cool!
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Hi all x

Sent a PM to you! I'm on Strava!
  • Lukejacksmum
    Lukejacksmum Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks allaboutthecake and TheBigYin look forward to being on the Strava group x