This was probably stupid...

Options
wheird
wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
Got my company's health newsletter emailed to me a bit ago and I read it. Then responded to the HR lady with a few issues I have taken with it.
I was reading the news letter and I have a few gripes/suggestions.  While the part about needing aerobic exercise is great, I couldn't help but notice that any form of strength training was not mentioned.  Strength training in any form has a myriad of benefits that include, but are not limited to; bone health (helps to reduce the risk of osteoporosis, especially in women), weight management (retains lean muscle mass when in a calorie deficit and increases muscle mass while in a surplus), cardiovascular health, chronic pain management, balance, strength, flexibility, etc.  Most generic health news letter mention exercise but always give running or walking as the examples.

The nutrition information is very vague and has almost no context.  And the parts about processed foods being inherently unhealthy are a bit of a misnomer as virtually no food is "unhealthy" without the larger context of an overall diet.

I hit "Send" before realizing that this could not end well.

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Yeah, too much MFP for you. For sure.
  • verymissk
    verymissk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to be she'll delete the email and gossip to you about the other office ladies, and that'll be the end of that. ORRRR... She's going to put you in charge of content on the next health newsletter, and that's going to be a PITA.
  • wheird
    Options
    I'm willing to be she'll delete the email and gossip to you about the other office ladies, and that'll be the end of that. ORRRR... She's going to put you in charge of content on the next health newsletter, and that's going to be a PITA.

That was what I realized afterward. Plus I forgot that no one at our office knows that I am intelligent.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options

That was what I realized afterward. Plus I forgot that no one at our office knows that I am intelligent.

28rnl2v.jpg
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!!!

post-33337-it-just-seems-dumb-gif-Duck-Dy-hr1O.gif
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

Oh then she will just delete it as stupidity and proceed to gossip. And who in hell is gonna care what an HR lady says in gossip? that's like listening to the nerd club. (no offence)
  • wheird
    Options

Oh then she will just delete it as stupidity and proceed to gossip. And who in hell is gonna care what an HR lady says in gossip? that's like listening to the nerd club. (no offence)

I doubt she will even gossip much tbh, probably will read and then just delete the email, lol.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    yeah before you know it she'll have you head up some group health committee for your work, or get you involved in ALL OF IT.....when i read similar stuff at work I just let it go \m/
  • wheird
    Options
    She responded and I reengaged.

PUT DOWN THE TABLET TIM
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    go-home-crocodile-youre-drunk_o_827546.jpg
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    th?id=HN.608043347805208848&pid=15.1

th?id=HN.608041174556871142&pid=15.1
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

You're supposed to keep those cards close to your chest. If they realize your potential, they will try to expolit it.