Tomorrow's the Day...

Options
GraceByMySide
GraceByMySide Posts: 77 Member
I'm having my sleeve done tomorrow. Just got the call for my arrival time... Thennnnn, the anxiety sets in.... Help! :noway:

Replies

• sue100194
    sue100194 Posts: 129
    Options
    It's ok to be anxious because.....it's surgery! The facilitator of my support group gave this advice on Saturday - allow yourself 10 minutes twice a day to worry and be anxious. Then get on with your day and when the worries start creeping up - remind yourself that you've already done your ten minutes, or save it for the next ten minutes session. I haven't tried this yet myself so can't personally vouch for the technique but it makes sense to me. I remember being unable to concentrate or focus on anything for a few days prior to my surgery. My mind was just jumping everywhere. Good luck to you!
  • Ksh1055
    Ksh1055 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hooray for you. I was a little nervous the night before my surgery, but with all the last minute things I had to do, the time went fairly fast. I purposely left a little laundry to do and some last minute grocery shopping (my surgeon gave me a list of things I could have throughout my various post-surgery stages) so I would have it on hand I would need when I got home. One of the major things I bought was Six Star Whey Isolate Elite Protein mix as it has 30g of protein. Since you're going to be on liquids you need to have some high protein mix or drinks in order to meet your daily requirement.This helped the time go by as I knew these things had to be done. I was even able to grab a few hours sleep.

I wish you good luck on the beginning of the rest of your life's journey. It has already started changing mine. I was sleeved 2/5/14 and was back to being a Nanny 3 days post-op (just didn't lift and took naps with baby).

Karen:flowerforyou:
  • GraceByMySide
    Options
    LOL... That's pretty much what I did. Had a 2 minute cry, then got busy. I went and got myself some awesome headphones so I could have my music, etc at the hospital, got an oil change, picked up stuff from the store and did some laundry, too. I still have to pack up my stuff so, I'll be busy tonight. I'm just not excited about the next couple of days. I've only had hand surgery before. All went well and I recovered quickly, so no reason to think otherwise with this... :smile:
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Prayer always helps me. Giving all my anxiety back to God and being quiet and still. I find it clears my mind.
  • GraceByMySide
    Options
    Oh, believe me!! I do more than my share of praying!!! :happy: It's all good. It was a quick hit, then done. Of course, I can't speak for tomorrow.... LOL
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Hey GraceByMySide
    I love your handle.
    Congratulations on your big day being tomorrow. Mine will be in a few months and I'm already a little anxious and nervous about it but I'm also thrilled and so very happy to have this great opportunity in life. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

You are gonna do great and tomorrow your healing journey will being and your new life will begin too. :smile:

I'm gonna send you a friend request that you can accept if you like.
    I'd love to stay in touch.
    Please keep us posted on your recovery.
    ttys
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • GraceByMySide
    Options
    LOL... Grace is my dog. She happened to by on the couch next to me when all my other attempts at a user name came up empty... LOL Yeah. I like it... :happy:
  • tompkinsw
    tompkinsw Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sending my prayers your way! You'll do fine. Mine is next Monday :)
  • Ujj7
    Ujj7 Posts: 51
    Options
    How are you doing? I have my surgery tomorrow the 29th. I'd love to hear your blow by blow experience!
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I love the fact that your dog's name is Grace and that is how you came up with your handle GraceByMySide. lol. :smile:

Well you are officially post op and starting your journey of physical recovery and transformation.

We can't wait to hear how you are doing when you feel well enough to post.

Take good care of yourself. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • GraceByMySide
    Options
    It all went great!!! I'd be very happy to share my story, but I've written a bunch and am going to take a little nap!! If you want more info, I'll post later or friend me and I'll share whatever I can!!!

~Emma