What are your wedding weight loss goals?

Options
My goal is to lose as much as possible (in a healthy way) before the big day! Definitely want to tone up the arms as well. Right now, I'm on a meal plan through My Fit Foods and also doing Power 90.

What about you? Feel free to share!

Replies

• vanessss4
    vanessss4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've nearly reached my goal and I'd mostly just like to tone up a bit, especially my arms. I've been focusing on my eating and paying attention to how much I eat. My main problem was eating because something sounded good or eating until something was gone but now I pay attention to when I'm actually hungry and when I'm full. I got a FitBit a few months back and it's definitely making me move more and I'm also trying to work yoga back into my routine.

Thanks for starting the group! I could use some fellow bride motivation! :)
  • wihltsabow
    wihltsabow Posts: 5
    Options
    I would love to lose about 20 pounds, but I'm not sure that's possible with all the weightlifting I've been doing. I guess in that case I just want to feel my most fit when I ski down that aisle!
  • gogenevieve13
    gogenevieve13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just want to tone up a bit and lose probably 5-10 lbs over the next year.
  • lauraashley09
    lauraashley09 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    well my wedding is in about 3 weeks, so i am just planning on continuing to finish up my 2nd round of Insanity! i already lost almost 20 lbs and my ultimate goal weight is about 15-20 more lbs.
    i'd be surprised if i lost 3-5 lbs before the wedding but it would be nice
  • nmd2m
    nmd2m Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't have a specific goal in terms of numbers, but I really need to tone up my arms. I know spot reducing is impossible, so I'm mostly concentrating on reducing my overall body fat.
    5'9, 145 pounds the last time I weighed but I no longer have a scale.
    I'm doing T25, on the Beta round right now. When I did have a scale, I was only gaining weight, but my waist is down 4-5 inches so I'm okay with that.
    I have a huge issue with counting calories. I'm so guilty of eating "just a bite!" here or there then forgetting to log or being to lazy to log. It's so hard to log everything in the beginning! I also frequently cook for myself and don't ever measure ingredients, which makes it even more frustrating to try to determine calories for meals. I just need to quit being so lazy and start recording everything I eat, but does anyone have any tips for this? Do you really measure out how much oil you use to grease the pan?
  • aaddavis
    aaddavis Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm attempting to shed the last 5-7 stubborn pounds from my big weight loss in 2013. I'm doing a ton of running and trying to keep myself in control during the weekends.
  • catemonsterq
    catemonsterq Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose between 30 and 40 pounds by September (so much work, I know!) and then really just tone up and try and maintain until my wedding in March. I lost that amount of weight in a similar time frame before I met FH, so I know it's possible, I just have to stick with it and work hard!
  • beerkittykitty
    Options
    This is exactly how I feel. I would LOVE to lose 5-10 pounds before the wedding and I'm taking the bar this summer so it could likely happen, but I just want to be healthy and fit--pounds be damned! I'm doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred plus 5-7 hours of cardio per week at the gym. In Jillian's words, I really feel like I'm "phoning it in" at the gym on the elliptical and treadmill but it's better than sitting on my butt...
  • erinarian
    erinarian Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose probably 25-30 lbs by my wedding in January. Actually, I'd like to lose as much as possible by the end of October and then kind of maintain. I joined Weight Watchers after getting engaged in the fall and lost about 15 pounds, then plateaued. I have a hard time motivating myself, so I'm hoping this will help and you guys can help hold me accountable! :)
  • sunnycarrots
    Options
    I have already lost 43lbs since November. My goal now is to not gain any before the wedding, and to maybe lost another 5-10lbs and tone up. I have been doing yoga for a few months and that is really helping my arms, legs, and core.
  • melanthalea
    melanthalea Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm not losing weight specifically for my wedding as it's still 2 years away (don't even have the date firmed yet). But I do have to get down to around 140lb to fit into the wedding dress that my two married sisters wore. Long term I do intend to get back down to my high school weight of 125, which means all said and done I have to lose 82 pounds. I've lost 11 pounds in the last 44 days and I'm hoping to keep up that rate of weight loss for at least 2 more months though I know it'll slow down.

I've been focusing mainly on getting more active (I'm a very sedentary person, love to read and talk over tea but don't like any sports at all) so I'm walking to and from work every day (total of 7km) and I'm aiming to do waterfit 3 times a week, generally hit at least twice. I'm also keeping track of what I eat, but not restricting too much as that has led me to fail in previous weight loss attempts. I'm tracking mostly just to see what I'm taking in and make sure I'm getting enough protein and vitamins in my diet as I've always struggled to get that. Once my weight loss starts to stall I'll likely start working with a personal trainer to do strength training. My weight loss goal for this year is 35 pounds down. I think I can achieve that and more, I'm very determined this time around and I have so much support from my partner and my family.

Plus, now I have you guys to help keep me accountable.
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My wedding is October 11th (coming up SO ****ING FAST) and I'd like to lose about 25-30lbs before then. My dress fits me awesome right now and makes me look tall and slender which I LOVE but I'd like to be even more trim by my wedding. I am doing keto whenever possible but I admittedly have a lot of cheats (intentional and unintentional). I've lost about 25lbs since my HW last summer. Losing 30 more would put me in my healthy range which is what I really want to get to. I'd be happy with 20lbs, even. I just want to look healthy :)
  • minpo
    minpo Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm getting married in July 2015. I'd like to be smaller by the time I order my dress in October. I'm looking for steady, healthy, sustainable loss. I signed up to MFP years ago but didn't really give it a chance. I'm a Weddit lurker, and thought this sounded like a great idea so here I am giving it a try.
  • sshkalwedding
    sshkalwedding Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I go up and down throughout the year. I just ran a half marathon two weeks ago and am the only person in the world that manages to gain weight while training. My wedding date isn't even firmly set yet but it's sometime next year. I am a brdiesmaid in a wedding in a month and a half and so that's been motivating me to tone up.
  • queenalliepixie
    Options
    I want to get back down to 125, but I'm more focused on losing the inches I gained over the winter, and getting my arms and abs toned back up. Right now I'm focusing on logging all my food and getting some activity every day, with calorie counting coming after that. Once I'm fully in the habit of logging my intake, I'll shift my focus to being more on what I'm eating.
    I also frequently cook for myself and don't ever measure ingredients, which makes it even more frustrating to try to determine calories for meals. I just need to quit being so lazy and start recording everything I eat, but does anyone have any tips for this? Do you really measure out how much oil you use to grease the pan?
    I find it helpful to know what a measurement looks like, and how to eye ball it. A cup of something is about the size of a loose fist, a tablespoon is my thumb, stuff like that. That way, even though it's not exact, it's close enough that I feel confident with it.
  • badatgyu
    badatgyu Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My wedding is in 9 days (OH MY GOD 9 DAYS!) and since the time we talked about marriage and picked a date last September, I have lost 65 pounds. So these last 9 days are all about taking it easy and maintaining. My dress fits perfectly as is and I'm trying not to stress/nervous eat! All you ladies can do it :)
  • emilyellyse
    Options
    I honestly just want to look good in my dress. It fits, so that's a start. I am hoping to get down to 130 (weighed in at 136 today... wooo!) and I've lost 10 pounds since November (~5 since I signed up for MFP in late March/early April).
  • Cberry11
    Cberry11 Posts: 1
    Options
    Just have to say i am happy to have found you ladies. :)

My wedding is October 2015. And I'm looking to lose 30 pounds and tone everything up. Recently I put about 5 pounds on, and lost all drive to lose weight. Now I'm hoping this is the first step to a healthier road for me. :)
    Good luck ladies! I believe in all of you.
  • bitchesgottasquat
    bitchesgottasquat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal is to lose about 45 pounds, but I'd be thrilled if I could lose 15-20 before my wedding in September. I hate cardio but I've been adding it in to my strength routine to help burn some fat. I've also been working a lot on my shoulders because I want them to look ripped in my wedding dress, heh.
  • emmayg21
    emmayg21 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have just over a year to go and my goal is approximately 45-55 pounds. I lost 20 in the space of 3.5 months last year, and so I should have plenty of time. :)

I haven't had that much success with my fitness pal in the past, so I'm hoping using it in combination with weightwatchers (high success rate!) I should be able to really progress :)