I Don’t Care If You Don’t CrossFit

Options
CrazyAnimalLady
CrazyAnimalLady Posts: 104 Member
Love this! Great read, and right on too! http://ifailedfran.com/i-dont-care-if-you-dont-crossfit/

Replies

• jordymils
    jordymils Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Haven't read this yet (tagged for later) but the title says enough. I've had so many friends and people I know say stupid things about crossfit like that it's a cult or I'm going to get bulky or it's dangerous or whatever, and then 2 seconds later ask what crossfit is... Seriously?! If you don't know, then shut up. I don't care if you don't crossfit, I don't care if you don't know what crossfit it, but leave me to train the way I want. The end.
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Great article!!
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    It's not really so much an article as it is some guys rant LOL I'm with him all the way but let's call it what it is!

In the comments section someone makes a point about crossfitters often not getting enough rest. I think that's true also tbf, demonstrated by people looking for places to workout when they are on holiday. Seems so unnecessary to me. I make the best lifting gains when I'm well rested.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    It's not really so much an article as it is some guys rant LOL I'm with him all the way but let's call it what it is!

In the comments section someone makes a point about crossfitters often not getting enough rest. I think that's true also tbf, demonstrated by people looking for places to workout when they are on holiday. Seems so unnecessary to me. I make the best lifting gains when I'm well rested.

If someone was dumb enough to leave that comment I fully expect the author to update his rant to address is directly.

If you are just getting started in any program and doing it five times a week, you are probably going to get overtrained. As you get more experienced you begin to recognize when it happens or when it's about to happen and you take some time off to recoup.

Just like everything else he mentioned, it is in no way unique to Crossfit.
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    You misunderstand - I'm agreeing with the comment. Read it, it isn't a crossfit slag off. We all know and accept the risks but surely we can all admit that we've been a bit stupid ourselves on occasion by not giving ourselves enough rest.

For example, after doing 18 rounds of Chelsea I hauled myself out of bed the next morning and did a WOD called Death By Squat Cleans. WHY? Why didn't I take the day off. Couldn't walk for 4 days.
  • sayhitostephz
    sayhitostephz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with this article 110%. Love it.