Week 4 check in

Options
tmjdunn
tmjdunn Posts: 77 Member
About to do my W4D1 workout. Noticed we didn't have a thread for it yet so How is everyone doing with week 4 so far?

Replies

• beautifullyblessed16
    beautifullyblessed16 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Week 4 is chucking along. It is not my favorite week with all the push ups/renegade rows and front burpees going on. But nevertheless, I am about to knock out day 5 today. I still find myself sweating like crazy. It has been quite a month with this workout. Starting heavy strength training next week will be a refreshing change in pace as I embark on my 5th month back on MFP.
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I did week 4, day 4 today. I am so psyched to get to this point, though still doing some modified moves. I can't wait to finish out the next few days and take all my measurements again. I know I am stronger and healthier, I've lost pounds and inches. I ordered the JM Six Week 6-pack which I am going to start in June, but continue to do the RI30 tapes a few days a week as well until I can do all the moves without modification.

Beautifullyblessed, I have been thinking about doing some personal training, so I will be interested to hear how it impacts your workouts/health/strength.
  • EmiDeeDoo
    EmiDeeDoo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna be honest- I finally got too discouraged to continue; the repetition and awkwardness finally got to me. BUT. I've taken a bunch of the strength moves to heart and I'm still doing them outside the RI30 DVD and I'm seeing progress (baby biceps when I bend my arm and legs are toning up). I think I'll still do the DVD a couple times a week, but I've dropped it as my main workout.

I tried! And I'm still working hard my own way, so I'm not gonna be too hard on myself for it. Thanks for all the support through this! I've really appreciated it, you've been awesome. :) Keep doing your thing.
  • beautifullyblessed16
    Options
    I'm gonna be honest- I finally got too discouraged to continue; the repetition and awkwardness finally got to me. BUT. I've taken a bunch of the strength moves to heart and I'm still doing them outside the RI30 DVD and I'm seeing progress (baby biceps when I bend my arm and legs are toning up). I think I'll still do the DVD a couple times a week, but I've dropped it as my main workout.

I tried! And I'm still working hard my own way, so I'm not gonna be too hard on myself for it. Thanks for all the support through this! I've really appreciated it, you've been awesome. :) Keep doing your thing.

The most important thing is that you are still moving! Not every workout program is for everyone at the same time or even at all. You have to do what will be sustainable for you in the long run but kudos to you for implementing some of the exercises from the dvd into your own workouts. This means you got something out of the program! Keep working hard your way and you will continue to progress. No need to be hard on yourself for that. Go baby biceps!!! :-)
  • beautifullyblessed16
    Options
    I finished the 6th day of week 4 this morning. I have a like/hate feeling for this workout. Just when I like how much stronger I have gotten on the first set of the exercises, I am hating how much I am struggling on the second round. Too many emotions going on while I am sweating it out physically. I think I am going to do it one more time on tomorrow and be done with the program. I will take a rest day and do my measurements on June 1st. I am coming off my cycle so hopefully my bloating will reduce as I up my water intake.

Those tricep push ups...UGGGGGGGH!!!!
  • beautifullyblessed16
    Options
    I did week 4, day 4 today. I am so psyched to get to this point, though still doing some modified moves. I can't wait to finish out the next few days and take all my measurements again. I know I am stronger and healthier, I've lost pounds and inches. I ordered the JM Six Week 6-pack which I am going to start in June, but continue to do the RI30 tapes a few days a week as well until I can do all the moves without modification.

Beautifullyblessed, I have been thinking about doing some personal training, so I will be interested to hear how it impacts your workouts/health/strength.

I joined the Stronglifs 5x5 for Women group here a few months ago, and it is so inspiring seeing how much a woman can transform her body from strength training only 3 days a week on average and is able to eat well into 2000 calories a day and still lose inches. This is the type of fitness training I can appreciate! The biggest challenge for me is to be patient with my progress because I will have to up my calories close to maintenance to fuel my workouts so I can't rely on a scale number to tell me how I am doing. I have to rely on my increased strength, decreased inches, and how I look in my clothes. It is going to be an interesting transition.

I am hoping to document my progress with strength training on my blog here on MFP. I will send you a friend request so we can continue to support each other outside of this group.
  • TurboTam
    TurboTam Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I joined the Stronglifs 5x5 for Women group here a few months ago, and it is so inspiring seeing how much a woman can transform her body from strength training only 3 days a week on average and is able to eat well into 2000 calories a day and still lose inches. This is the type of fitness training I can appreciate! The biggest challenge for me is to be patient with my progress because I will have to up my calories close to maintenance to fuel my workouts so I can't rely on a scale number to tell me how I am doing. I have to rely on my increased strength, decreased inches, and how I look in my clothes. It is going to be an interesting transition.

I just joined the Stronlifts 5x5 too! I use to compete in Powerlifting years ago and I never felt better. My body was so strong. When I found this program I was so excited!
  • beautifullyblessed16
    Options
    I just joined the Stronlifts 5x5 too! I use to compete in Powerlifting years ago and I never felt better. My body was so strong. When I found this program I was so excited!

Awesome!!! I love connecting with other women who know first hand the great benefits behind strength training! And you competed? I can't even wrap my head around that yet but the picture may become clearer down the road. Have you started the Stronglifts program yet?
  • TurboTam
    TurboTam Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Have you started the Stronglifts program yet?

I haven't started yet. I plan on June 2nd. Muscle has memory so I'm excited to see how fast it'll come back! I love strength training. I am a firm believer in the benefits, especially as we age, just how important it is.
  • tmjdunn
    Options
    So after having a minor case of the plague I was finally able to do Wk4D1! It really wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Yes I had to modify a bunch and yest there were a few places where I had to stop and watch then rewind, but overall it was pretty good. I am quite excited to see my progress on this one.
  • DAM5412
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I did my WK4D7 today...so I should be done, but one more day tomorrow of week 4 and then I'm going to rotate days in June (I really lagged on week 3, so I want to get better on that). I took measurements before and will take measurements tomorrow, along with my weight. But I know my body has changed, I am stronger and I feel so much better. This was a great group.
  • beautifullyblessed16
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I did my WK4D7 today...so I should be done, but one more day tomorrow of week 4 and then I'm going to rotate days in June (I really lagged on week 3, so I want to get better on that). I took measurements before and will take measurements tomorrow, along with my weight. But I know my body has changed, I am stronger and I feel so much better. This was a great group.

Great job for making it to the end of the program! I completed Day 7 today and I am done. Thanks for tracking along with me on the spreadsheet. It really motivated me to keep up! I am going to end the month with a full day of rest and then some light cardio and HIIT workouts on Sunday and Monday before starting Stronglifts on Tuesday. I might rotate some Jillian Michaels as well for 30 minutes max after my weight training sessions depending on how I feel (and how hungry I get). This has been a wonderful group. I agree! Look forward to sharing my results and seeing others' results as well. :-)
  • scole1008
    scole1008 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am on my 2nd day of week 4, its a killer but it seems to go faster than the other levels? I will do it for another week next week then be finished with it, although i am seeing such great results I might do it again. I really liked this workout!
  • tmjdunn
    Options
    Took a break yesterday to walk instead of get Ripped, but I am back at it today. Today was Wk4D2 for me. I feel like my bout with the ick than ran through our house really put me behind, but even though I will be going into June I am totally committed to seeing this through. I felt stronger today than on day 1 so yay for feeling improvement. Who else is still plugging along with me? anyone else a bit behind schedule? Let's keep the support going for each other.:happy:
  • DAM5412
    Options
    Hi Folks, I just wanted to give an update on my 1 month progress. During the month of May, while doing this challenge I lost 4lbs, which I have to admit, is a bit disappointing. BUT It was my birthday, mother's day, my best friend's birthday and my anniversary (so lots of eating out, cake and wine) and I still lost. Also, I lost a total of 6 inches, 2 from my waist and 2.5 from my hips (my problem areas) so I am very pleased with the results.

I will continue to do this tape, but am adding in the JM 6 week,6 pack tape and will alternate days. I hope everyone sticks with their goals!
  • ChippleMunk
    Options
    Yikes!! I am no where near ready for week 4. I lack the strength, coordination and stability lol! Sooooo... Back to week 1, hopefully I will have the strength the second time around.

Way to go everyone for making it! It's been a great month :-) 10 lbs down thanks to Ripped!