Introductions

Options
:flowerforyou: Hi, I'm Michelle in Ohio. I've been over 300 lbs. for 2 years and over 200 for 18 years. My BMI is 52. I am down from 337 lbs. to 321 lbs. I want to be 120 - 140 lbs. by 5/2016. I want to be able to run a mile without stopping. I'm almost 47.

Replies

• CarolinaStarfish
    CarolinaStarfish Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Michelle (and all the other ladies!). I'm 42 with a ultimate weight loss goal of 235 pounds. I've lost over 100 before and ended up gaining it all back (THAT was a painful realization!) ending up at 400 pounds. What a wretched weigh in that was! I'd like to weigh around 160 again. I started back with MFP a few days ago and I know I can do it with the great friends and support here :-) My first goal is to walk/run a 5K by October. Glad to be part of the group!
  • Cagwinn
    Cagwinn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I'm 40 and I've got 176 pounds to go. I started out weighing 342 pounds two years ago with 212 to lose. Since then I've had two accidents that cause knee and ankle damage that had me using a cane and stopped me from most exercise. I started this year at 316 pounds (a miracle in itself that I didn't gain it all back). After 5 months of physical therapy ending in December and lots of at home frustration in winter, in April I began feeling more like normal. I started back with MFP and my Fitbit and I've lost a few more pounds. I'm determined to make it all the way! I want to ride the roller coasters that I can't fit in to by September here in VA.
  • dd75070
    dd75070 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Stephanie in Texas. I have 200 lbs to lose. I've been overweight most of my life. I'm tired of being this big. I really want to change my lifestyle. I just started using fitbit today and looking forward to the success of this group!

Add me on Fitbit...https://www.fitbit.com/user/2QFF8L
  • jschwend1
    jschwend1 Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Jodi from Ohio (what is it about this state?) I just began this journey after a lifetime of being heavy but pretty active. I coached football for little league, led our church youth group for years, etc. Then my job got more demanding, and I found myself at a desk more and more. Now i work from home (same job), and am glued to the chair for hours at a time. Needless to say, being heavy already and not being active at all, I packed on an additional 80lbs. I was 337lbs when I started a few weeks (19 days ago), and I am down a little over 12lbs so far. I am more than ready to lose this mess and get my life back. I will be 52 in a couple of months (how did that happen?!?), I am married to a wonderful man who is also starting this new lifestyle with me (he has 200+ to lose too, but not a social media fan), I have 3 grown sons, 2 great daughter-in-laws, 2 grandkids and one soon-to-be fiance of my last son....I just want to be healthy enough to be a part of their very active lives and watch my grandkids grow up. I am so thankful for so much support on this site, I am looking forward to getting to know some of you. I am on Facebook, my name is Jodi Schwendeman.
  • mebedwell1
    mebedwell1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Melissa. I was 500 lbs in 2010. I have been working steadily at losing weight. I am now down to 277 lbs. I want to get down to at least 140 lbs. I know I don't have 200 lbs to go but I started out very large and I still see myself that way some times. I am trying to see the person that everyone else sees, but I have some mental barriers that I have to get over before that can happen. I am looking for groups that check on each other regularly and continue to support each other the whole way.
  • goingthedistance4good
    Options
    Hi Michelle; I'm Renita. I was 653 at my highest and I'm at 450 now. I was as low as 391 for about a minute I think. ;) Anyway, my husband of 32 years passed away suddenly and I have been climbing and been up and down since, My goal for now is being at 353 and continuing on. It's an uphill battle but we can do this. Or, at least I certainly hope I can. I do have Lymphedema and that's a lot of my weight in my legs and arms. It's a constant battle. I am a Diabetic now and I'm trying to get that A1C# down so I can control it with my diet instead of having to be on meds. Dr. doesn't think I can do it. I'd like to prove him wrong. I've got to get really strong though and determined quickly. I've been dancing around and one minute I'm doing what I should and the next, well....that's why I'm here. I do want to feel better.