Forest Team!

Options
124»

Replies

• zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody, I'm here and I'm all married! We didn't think it was going to change anything, yet it totally did. Didn't think we could get happier, but we did!

From Thursday to Monday it was just a complete whirlwind. Last minute prep, writing the vows at 10 pm the night before, then hair and makeup, rushing around to be on time for photography, ceremony and reception. I didn't even get time to eat lunch!

The ceremony was done in less than 20 minutes. We had 3 songs - all string quartet versions. Our processional was Zeppelin's All My Love. We ironically signed the marriage registry to Skynyrd's Freebird and our recessional was Guns N Roses Sweet Child of MIne. I made all the women cry with my vows, and *almost* made him cry. Sooooo close, but I didn't want to be sobbing so had to hold myself together.

Then we raced to check into our hotel and get the post-party beer on ice. Apparently I have been granted a PHD in cooler management by my friends. Then off to the reception restaurant, where some of our guests had already arrived. The food was fantastic (it blew everybody away) and the booze was flowing. DH and I hate the "ding ding" on the glasses, so we brought a cowbell instead and placed it on the bar. You want us to kiss? Get up, go to the bar, ring the cowbell, and then tell a story about the bride and/or the groom - oh, and it has to be PG because my 8 y/o nephew was there. That pretty much guaranteed no stories about me LOL!

DH's eldest daughter (almost 18) was the dark horse. She surprised us with the most awesome, touching story about her world ended with her parents' divorce, and then realizing she has now been blessed with 4 parents to help and guide her. Of course, the younger daughter (14) complained that older sister stole everything SHE wanted to say. Kids, eh?

The parents and old people all left around 10:30 ish (I think - I had no watch and time gets fuzzy with booze). Most of them missed our first dance, which is fine because we are not dancers; we kinda shuffle and are super shy about dancing at all. In fact, this was only the second time in the 5 years we've been together that we actually danced (the first time was at friends' wedding last summer). Our first song was Bobcaygen by the Tragically Hip. Because it's a cottage song.

Then the party started in earnest. I remember most of it…until one of my buddies racked up the tequila shots. Last call at 1:30 am, got a lift to the hotel and then it's blurry. Back to the hotel for a couple more drinks with our friends staying there, and I pulled the chute somewhere around 2:30 or 3 am. Adrenaline, caffeine and alcohol can only carry you so far, and after maybe 6 hours sleeping total the 2 nights prior, I'm amazed I lasted that long.

Now let me see if I can figure out how to post a picture. I can't believe we cleaned up so good!

Oh, and apologies in advance for Friday. I'm up about 3 pounds. Not surprised - there were a LOT of booze and food calories.
  • zanne54
    Options
    10275580_10154128387435721_9148480826664848869_o.jpg

Ok, somebody smarter than me please help post a pic. I know it can be done; I just can't figure it out right now.
  • AnnaZimm70
    AnnaZimm70 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update Zanne! Congratulations. You look beautiful! So glad to hear the day was wonderful :-)
  • zanne54
    Options
    Great news team! Despite being off the rails for 5 days, I have somehow managed to hold flat at last week's weight of 160.8! I'll take that as a definite win!

Hope everybody else is posting big losses. I'm back on track, so for those on my friends list, you can expect to see lots of exercise calories burned and days under calorie goals. Well, maybe not tomorrow as DH and a buddy are riding in an 8-hour MTB relay race and have requested that I prepare them a big surf n turf supper - I'll try not to overdo it!
  • gtdattitude
    gtdattitude Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm floundering team and I need advice and support right now. I mentioned on my page that I broke up with my boyfriend and I am struggling to get a new routine. He did most if the cooking and he was my workout partner and running partner. My motivation is still there but my energy and mood are awful. I need to get a clue and find my inner strength and awesomeness. Any ideas?
  • AnnaZimm70
    Options
    Sorry you are having a hard time! Its been a bad few days for me, but in my case for no particular reason.

I do much better when I am following a pretty strict routine. If I have potato chips around and plan to eat a few, half the bag is gone before I know it (this was what happened to me today). I also do much better if I work out. I go early (5:30 a.m.) as if I wait until I am home for work I often won't go. Not sure if either of these tips is the least bit helpful, but they usually work for me. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help!
  • annie786
    annie786 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I always only rely on myself. That is the attitude you need to have. I found when I joined the gym with a friend, i was struggling more going than when I signed up by myself. I take my fitness upon myself and have been successful.
    As for the eating part, are you eating more, are you eating less? Are you eating out more?
    best to always have breakfast (even if just cereal) and snacks like granola and fruits through out the day.
    try looking up recipes on the internet. i try to make at least one new recipe a week to keep things different and fun. There are so many 3 -4 ingredient easy recipes out there. Just remember less is more when it comes to cooking. Try experimenting.
    simple grilled meats with a side of vegetables. you can grill vegetables in the oven with a bit of olive oil and seasoning. Don't make complicated foods.

Hope this helps.
  • gtdattitude
    Options
    Thanks for the tips!
  • Runningcircuits
    Options
    Zanne: Awesome to so many things. I loved all the pics I have seen and you two radiate happiness. I'm thrilled for you and it is fantastic that you have a great relationship with his daughters. You deserve it - enjoy every minute!

gtd: I'm sorry you are struggling and I'm glad you posted here. I have been cycling up and down myself since the new year. I seem to have lost the ummfff that I had for the first 15 pounds. My reason is stress, both personal and work. I love, love, love exercise and have never stopped that, but I am a stress eater/drinker. Are you using food/drink to help with the breakup? This week I have seemed to (finally) break that pattern and, while I don't know yet if it is a long-term solution, it has gotten me past more than a couple moments this week. When I am feeling the urge to squash the stress with chips, cheese or wine, I tell myself that I can have whatever I want, but I have to wait 10 minutes. So for 10 minutes, I occupy myself in a room other than the kitchen. I've done this 4 times this week and only went back into the kitchen once. I plan to continue this new rule and hope it sticks.
    If that's not your issue, I'm sorry for blah, blah-ing! :) I agree about making a routine as the others have said. Perhaps what you need is a new routine since everything was attached to him? Different running route? New time of day? Learn to cook something you always wanted to have (I'm a chef, so happy to help there!)?
    Good luck and I hope you can find your uuummmmffff soon.

BTW: I fear I will be the same yet again this week. To be honest, I'm so pleased about the mental accomplishment and optimistic about sticking with it that I'm ok with that. If I stick with it, the scale will have to drop. Or else I will drop it out a window.
  • AnnaZimm70
    Options
    Sorry all, I'm up 2.2 lbs. this week! Assuming/hoping it is water :-(
  • AnnaZimm70
    Options
    Good Morning Team! Hope everyone had a good week! It took me all week, but I ate well, drank lots of water, and exercised a bunch and am aback down (159 today). I now officially have a "normal" BMI :-) Now I just need to hold on to my motivation!
  • zanne54
    Options
    Great work Anna! Can't say the same for me. The long weekend (Victoria Day) at the cottage killed me, and I continued off the rails until yesterday. And we're going back up to the cottage again tonight. Much harder to have better food choices up there during the opening weekends - with so much cargo to bring, and a finite amount of space in the boat (it's water-access), convenience won out. Plus, beer. The cottage for me has always been a place I go to chill out and drink. I've greatly reduced the frequency of having a beer with my morning coffee, then drinking steadily all day, but i still sometimes cave to the temptation. Especially on opening weekend after 7 months of missing the place. Especially when my cousins are up at their cottage 2 lots over, as they are heavy drinkers and fun to party with.

I've learned that one night of drinking affects me for DAYS afterwards. The day of/next day I have the munchies BAD where I want to eat all the things which are carby, and fatty and delicious. The second day after, because I ate so much the days preceding, my stomach wants more more more food, EAT ALL THE THINGS! And then it's 2 days of suffering through hunger to get back to normal. As well, I tend to retain a LOT of water. Oh, and booze absolutely kills any interest I have in exercising. Plus, there's very limited exercise I can do at the cottage at this time of year. The blackflies were so thick I had a cloud circling me like Pigpen. The mosquitos are also starting to hatch. Going for a walk in the woods is insanity at this time of year. The ice only went out 3 weeks ago, so swimming would actually be dangerous - hypothermia. And, as we're water access, there's no road to go for a run, and even if I boated down to the marina - the road is in the woods so...bugs. Once it warms up/dries out enough to kill off the worst of the blackflies and mosquitos, I intend to get out in the woods and explore the snowmobile trails. But that won't happen until end of June/early July. And even then, I'll have to be alert for black bears and rattlesnakes. Geeze, I'm not painting a very nice picture am I? Truly - it is SO gorgeous up there, that the inconveniences become quaint and endearing.

When I weighed myself on Tuesday morning, I was up 6 freaking pounds! Sorry team! And I held on to it until yesterday...and then I spent most of the day peeing, but sadly, am up 3 pounds over last Friday. Part of that is due to the excesses of the weekend and week, and part of that is TOM coming up soon.

I'll really try to be better this weekend and week following. I think I just needed to blow off some steam after that brutal winter we just had. Hope y'all did better than I.
  • annie786
    annie786 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Zanne You are not alone. I really find weekends are hard for me too- every Monday I weigh myself and the scale is not kind to me. So I start over and work all week to loose the 2-3 pounds I gain on the weekend. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh just hang in there and keep moving! :)
  • AnnaZimm70
    Options
    I'm with you both (Annie & Zanne) on the weekend issue. I am trying really hard this weekend to stay on track, but I do unusually spend the first part of the week getting back to where I was on Friday! I am more active on weekends, so that helps offset my overeating some.

Zanne, I am sure the cottage is as wonderful as you say, but your initial description makes it sound tortuous :-) I'm envisioning something like Hitchcock's "The Birds" but with you all trapped inside by flies! Hopefully the elements are cooperating this weekend.

My NSV for the week: I went shopping today (I'm going to Italy next week for a graduation -- so psyched since I've never been -- and thought some new dresses were in order). Anyway, tried on 11 dresses, all in size 8, and only one didn't fit. I've been in Kasper size 8 for a couple of months, but Kasper runs a bit bigger than other brands. Today was a variety of different brands. When I started this journey I was a snug size 12, with a few size 14 outfits. Made my day :-)
  • Runningcircuits
    Options
    Hi Team Forest! My sincerest apologies for being way off track the past several weeks. Although I didn't gain, I sure didn't help us at all. This week has been great and I am back on track completely. With just five days of solid nutrition under my belt, I feel much more like myself.
    I never stopped exercising, but I did stop working out hard enough to be sore. I'm back to being sore and loving it!
    The stupid scale showed a couple ounce gain today (thanks, soreness) but I know next week will be a great one for me.

I hope you all are having a great week and I am really looking forward to next week's weigh in.

Have a great weekend-

Jen
  • gtdattitude
    Options
    Hi team. Sadly my weight is up this week. Things should start looking up for me next week. He is moving out this weekend... My goal/plan is to start a new routine. also I have different friends planning to come for dinner so that I have a reason to cook healthy delicious things instead of hitting fast food. I think the worst is almost over for me! I hope to make you guys proud next week!

Congrats on the nsv's. And thanks for the support :)
  • zanne54
    Options
    Man, I am sucking at this challenge. 164 again. I've been allowing myself to succumb to temptation too frequently.

However, I did ride my bike to work today for the first time this season, and will continue to do so when I can - so hopefully this is the start of me getting back on track.
  • AnnaZimm70
    Options
    I think it is possible I am the worse team leader ever. Sorry all! Anyway, back today after a tragic week for me. I went to Italy at the end of May (three days in Rome for my step-daughters graduation :-) and ate whatever I wanted. This was fine as I also walked ALL day every day I was there and came back without any really gain (.4 lbs). The problem is that I didn't get back into my healthy habits and the last week has been a train wreck. I promise I will try harder next week!
  • gtdattitude
    Options
    sorry team I've missed the weigh in two weeks in a row. Last week I was out of town visiting friends and didn't remember until it was too late and this week I was out of town for a funeral and didn't remember until this morning. This week I'm going to set an alarm to remind myself to weigh in and I have a plan to bust myself out of this slump that I'm in.
  • zanne54
    Options
    Hi team, sorry I've been AWOL. Big problem with my eldest DSD in the past 2 weeks. Like police, child services and criminal charges bad. Good news is the bad guy is in jail. The kids have been with me & DH, so it's been a little...hectic considering we had a full schedule to begin with. Bad news is that I've officially sucked at this challenge. I'm trying not to beat myself up, but I SO wanted to lose those last 7 lbs, and I think I've lost maybe 1 or 2. Le sigh.