Yay!! I'm home!!!!

Options
GraceByMySide
GraceByMySide Posts: 77 Member
Wow!! I'm glad it's over and so excited for this part of my journey to begin!! I stayed in for 2 nights and am really glad I did. I feel pretty fab, considering!!! I am also so very grateful for reading your stories here and having an idea of what to expect, although I now everyone has different experiences!!

Yah!!!!!!!

~Emma:drinker:

Replies

• JenaOnTrack74
    JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Yay!! Glad everything went well, congratulations on taking back your life!:flowerforyou:
  • brendaluceroortiz
    Options
    I am scheduled to be sleeved July 2, 2014. I am super nervous and excited. I hope my experience is as smooth as yours. Congrats! I am right behind you !
  • GraceByMySide
    Options
    Brenda- If you want to know anything, just ask!!! I was fairly nervous, and at the point of being prepped for surgery went through a lot of different emotions/thoughts. If I can be of any help as you get closer, I'm here!! :smile:
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I am so glad you are doing fine! I just had my 6 week check up. the Dr is pleased with how well I am doing. You will do fine too!!! If you need anything we are all here for you
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Grateful to know that your surgery went smoothly and without complications. Glad you were able to spend a second night in the hospital. I cannot wait to read your blogs and messages as your journey unfolds. Welcome back. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • brendaluceroortiz
    Options
    I have had a lot of anxiety these lasts few weeks, I am about two weeks away from my pre-op appointment along with starting the liquid phase. I was not even sleeping. I am over the hump and now very anxious to get it over with but I have had to plan to accommodate things we have been invited to and you know everything involves lots of food! How did you manage doing the liquid before surgery, was it hard?
  • GraceByMySide
    Options
    Great point, Brenda!! I actually started my liquid the day before my birthday!! That kind of sucked!! LOL So, I said, "I'm going to celebrate it in July, instead!" BIG mistake!!! Celebrating is about US, it's about other people and being happy to be together!!! That was a big lesson to learn!! I kept myself from being happy to just be alive!! I learned a LOT that weekend!

Just go do your thing, tell whatever excuse you want about the liquid and keep the goal in mind! When we get "all done" with this, we have to learn healthy relationships with, firstly, OURSELVES and next, FOOD. They go hand in hand! I am not saying it was easy! I've had a good 12 years of therapy and a couple of visits right before surgery where she pointed out that I need to stop digging in my heals and saying no. I got a really good smack upside the head and it helped tremendously!!! The liquid was a BI$#%, but I kept telling myself that it was for a higher cause than just a quick fill up, that I would eat again someday, and that after the surgery, I would be just as frustrated trying to actually get that much IN, rather than feeling deprived.

And as my dear Ellen (my therapist) said, "You have gotten this far without eating (about 6 days in) and you haven't starved yet. I think you can do it!!"

Let me know if I can *cough* help *cough* any more than this!! LOL

~Emma :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • shoerack45
    shoerack45 Posts: 30
    Options
    Congrats! Is two days the norm with your surgeon?
  • GraceByMySide
    Options
    Yes, I think generally. He waits until his patients can drink 4-6 oz CONSISTENTLY every hour. Once that is established, he releases us. I think as long as that is happening, it can be 1 day or 3 days... It all depends on our new tummies... :wink: