Huge victory today!

Options
mikesgirl4evr
mikesgirl4evr Posts: 363 Member
Guess what happened to me today? I was at the Metro station waiting on the next train when some guy waves at me. I'm polite so I tell him hi. He walks over to me telling me how beautiful I am and how much he loves red heads. I come back with, "So does my husband." He tells me he's sorry and have a wonderful day. I actually got hit on. What's even better is I didn't freak or panic like I used to before I started working on dealing with the sexual abuse. It was definitely a huge victory!!!!!!

Replies

• PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Dee! It's flattering to know that others find you attractive, and who doesn't enjoy a redhead.
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Bow chicka wow wow! You go girl!
  • mikesgirl4evr
    mikesgirl4evr Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. As good as it felt to be hit on, the best part for me was actually not freaking out. When I got down to my lowest weight before and guys started hitting on me, I freaked and retreated because of the sexual abuse. I now know that I can handle it. That should mean that when I get back down to those lower weights, I won't have that brick wall.
  • julieworley376
    julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    That is really fantastic.. I have the same problem.. what an inspiration!
  • kaliya89
    kaliya89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Not freaking out is definitely a huge victory! :drinker:
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Now that is an awesome NSV. Glad you were able to cope!
  • artelyn
    artelyn Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Congrats!
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    boom.boom.POW :)
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    An awesome NSV!!!

It is an incredible feeling.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! How amazing is the human mind?! You keep making progress like this, and soon you'll be leaving your own trail of dust behind as you blaze your way on your journey!!