Check in May 21-31

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone, for the good wishes for my brother. He is doing better now that they've put in a second chest tube. That sounds like a step backwards, but they have to get all the fluid off so that he can breathe better. All but one rib on the right is broken so better is relative, it's gonna be a while before a deep breath doesn't hurt.

May 28 & 29
    Green - yes both days
    29/31

Blue.- yes both days
    29/32

I rode my new bike to work and back today. I'm going to be sore tomorrow, but I enjoy riding. (Someone stole my bike months.ago and I waited until now to replace it. I was able have a milkshake with dinner and still be 8 calories in the green. I'm going to need more and better for me snacks at work on the days I ride.
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    May 20
    Green: Yes
    Blue: Yes

May 21

May 22
    Green: No, very, very red

May 23

May 24

May 25
    Green: No (-126)

May 26
    Green: Yes (Chevy style)

May 27

May 28

May 29
    Green: Yes (Chevy style)
    Blue:Yes

Ack, I've been gone for ages. I have gotten involved with a number of other challenges and I guess I am not dividing my time well on MFP. <sigh> Thanks to my wonderful co-leaders that keep everything going so smoothly. I think now that I have taken a break I'm feeling better about things. Sometimes some time away is what is called for.

Are we all in for another challenge in June?
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options

Green: YES
    Total 25/ 25

Blue (water): YES
    Total 29/ 30
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    May 28th and May 29th

Green both Days!
    I have done 22/27 days green this month.

According to my estimates I will average about 10-20 calories (Chevy Style) for the entire month. This means that keeping track of my total calories for the month really works. If I have some enormous red days, I just don't "forget about them", I need to compensate for that over the long term. This also is positive too. If there is a party or special event, I can "bank" calories ahead and not feel bad about having a 3000-3500 food day because I am in control. It is liberating actually! :drinker:

What is even better is that I have stopped myself from adding insult to injury on my red days knowing that I have to "earn back" those calories.

Because of that... there are some lonely donuts and french fries wandering in the wilderness crying uncontrollably.
    :sad:
  • R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    June group has been created and is waiting for members!!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/21785-keeping-it-green-hydr8-june-2014

As is tradition, you have to sign up for each month challenge there is no "roll over". We know that people will flux in and out of the challenge group - but some of us continue to hang around. :happy:

If you are up for the challenge, join the June group and we will do it all again!!!

xxxxxx spreadsheet updatedxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • R_Queenie
    Options

Green: Yes--Chevy style right now, but I plan to walk it to true green.
    Total 26

Total 30/31

Had pizza tonight and took it slow. Found that I was full with only 2 slices! Yeah!! I will call that a NSV.
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    May 30

Total: 30/27

Total: 30/31

:flowerforyou:
  • R_Queenie
    Options
    Diamond Medal (25 days green):New winners: Bruceapple, K80Flec, R_Queenie
    bf162620-df7b-49c8-b227-63fc5c8dba20_zps0bd7db98.jpg

Previous Winners: MelissaPhippsFeagin, Scherzie

Diamond award (25 days): New winners: Jbharwood, K80Flec,
    fa7739be-58d2-47bb-aec5-aff4906e13ab_zps66ec54a1.jpg

Previous Winners: Bruceapple, MelissaPhippsFeagin, R_Queenie, Scherzie

Goal (your personal goal): K80Flec
    b3b2c487-ca44-4a64-9060-27d34e55262a_zps20bdf618.jpg

Previous winners: , Chevy_Smart, Scherzie,

Goal award (your goal): MelissaPhippsFeagin
    01cd80bc-466d-4ccf-b4ab-be816964fca0_zps081a5036.jpg
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    @R_Queenie - Thanks for posting the awards.
    Also - GREAT NSV with the pizza - I am trying to train myself too!

May 29th
    Green!

May 30th
    Green!

That is 23 green days total!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    May 30
    green - yes, with 8 calories to spare
    30/31

blue - yes
    30/31

My brother is up and walking with help. (one person to help him and one to carry the suction machines attached to the drain tubes). I'm really hoping the tubes come out today. They weren't draining much last night. I slept for over 13 hours - until 9 am. I never do that and it eliminated my trip to the farmer's market, but I must have really needed the sleep. Back to the hospital. Maybe I'll stop at the market on the way home. Sometimes if you go later, you can get better deals because they don't want to take it home. I like to ride my bike down early because it's cooler and there is less traffic.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    @melissa - Totally glad to hear that your brother is steadily getting better! :drinker:
    May 30
    green - yes, with 8 calories to spare
    30/31

blue - yes
    30/31

My brother is up and walking with help. (one person to help him and one to carry the suction machines attached to the drain tubes). I'm really hoping the tubes come out today. They weren't draining much last night. I slept for over 13 hours - until 9 am. I never do that and it eliminated my trip to the farmer's market, but I must have really needed the sleep. Back to the hospital. Maybe I'll stop at the market on the way home. Sometimes if you go later, you can get better deals because they don't want to take it home. I like to ride my bike down early because it's cooler and there is less traffic.
  • miridai
    miridai Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    28th

29th

30th

31st

Total: 28

I still haven´t decided whether to join for June or not, I hope to figure it out tomorrow
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    May 31st

Total: 31/31

Total: 31/31
  • Bruceapple
    Options

Green: YES
    Total 26/ 25

Blue (water): YES
    Total 30/ 30
  • Bruceapple
    Options

Green: NO
    Total 25/ 25

Blue (water): NO
    Total 30/ 30

FINISHED VACATION TIME
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    May 31st

Green to end the month!

24 days of green for me this month.

See you all next month! :smile:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    May 31
    Green - Chevy style to end the month.
    31/31

Blue
    31/31

Goooooaaaaal!!!!

One drain tube is out, but the other they had to turn the suction machine back on. He is getting breathing treatments and he put his own oxygen back on when he started having trouble. They left it and turned it up some. I knew that was coming. I watched the nurse do his vitals.and oxygen levels were not good with it on at whatever he turned on to, which wasn't very high flow.

P.S. on the plus side, my dad is taking all of his medicines as directed now, and looks better than he has in months. He is planning to brother sit when Jimmy gets home so much SIL Peggy can go back to work. Praising God for that small favor in this big mess.
  • R_Queenie
    Options

Total 27---means GOOOOAAAALLLLL!

Total 31---means GOOOOAAAALLLLL!

Love ending it strong!!!
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    @melissa so glad things are going better!
    May 31
    Green - Chevy style to end the month.
    31/31

Blue
    31/31

Goooooaaaaal!!!!

One drain tube is out, but the other they had to turn the suction machine back on. He is getting breathing treatments and he put his own oxygen back on when he started having trouble. They left it and turned it up some. I knew that was coming. I watched the nurse do his vitals.and oxygen levels were not good with it on at whatever he turned on to, which wasn't very high flow.

P.S. on the plus side, my dad is taking all of his medicines as directed now, and looks better than he has in months. He is planning to brother sit when Jimmy gets home so much SIL Peggy can go back to work. Praising God for that small favor in this big mess.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    @R_Queenie -

Hail to the queen! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Total 27---means GOOOOAAAALLLLL!

Total 31---means GOOOOAAAALLLLL!

Love ending it strong!!!