Early Sunday hike - 6/1/2014

GFreg
GFreg Posts: 404
The summer is approaching and the days are getting hotter but that doesn't mean we should shelter indoors.

What: Scott's Run Nature Preserve Loop
When: 6/1/2014 @ 8:00am
Where: 7400 Georgetown Pike, McLean, VA 22102
Meeting Point: There are two parking lots for this trail. The bigger, lower lot, near the chain gate will be the meeting point. See linked Google Map.
Google Map with meeting point and proposed route: http://goo.gl/maps/VcsNu
Distance: ~3 miles (loop)
Duration: 1 - 1.5 hr. (just to hike the loop)
Difficulty: Easy - Moderate (There are some narrow and steep spots along this trail but the majority is easy and wide)

Added notes: Dogs are welcomed (leash required), the are waterfalls and river crossings on the proposed route, expect to get wet.

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,194 MFP Moderator
    Ooooh! Sounds interesting. Pretty long drive for me, but if I can convince the hubby, I'm in! HUGE pooch, two kids and a hubby - sign us up. :D
  • JustSomeEm
    side note: the google link isn't working for me.
  • GFreg
    Try this perhaps.

http://tinyurl.com/lvvvmdt

It should link to a custom created Google Map. If it still doesn't work, you can look at this Hiking Upward link.

http://www.hikingupward.com/ovh/scottsrun/
  • GFreg
    Ooooh! Sounds interesting. Pretty long drive for me, but if I can convince the hubby, I'm in! HUGE pooch, two kids and a hubby - sign us up. :D

That is quite a long drive, especially with kids and dog in tow.
  • JustSomeEm
    Well,it looks like the hubby already made plans for us this Sunday, but I'd still love to hike there. :) Maybe we'll go another time.
  • GFreg
    I will be posting more hikes so maybe next time.
  • kitchenpenguin
    kitchenpenguin Posts: 39 Member
    It's about a 40 minute drive for me so I'm game if you're still planning on doing the hike.
  • GFreg
    It's about a 40 minute drive for me so I'm game if you're still planning on doing the hike.

I will be there.

Edit: I'm flexible with the time but that area fills up fast on nice weekends and there is only a limited amount of parking. I would hate for anyone to travel any sort of distance only to find no parking. Mornings or evenings seem to be best.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    So, is 8 am still the go time? I'm 30 minutes away but will try to be there a little before 8. Do I need cash for parking or they take cash?
  • kitchenpenguin
    kitchenpenguin Posts: 39 Member
    I'm bringing my best friend. See you at 8.
  • GFreg
    So, is 8 am still the go time? I'm 30 minutes away but will try to be there a little before 8. Do I need cash for parking or they take cash?

Yes, im still planning on 8. Parking is free.
This discussion has been closed.